Chapter Twenty-Nine: Feverish

Rian didn't tell anyone what happened to my hand. I had to come up with a lie about my hand. Zack raised his eyebrow at my lie as I shrugged it off. I took off the wrap for concerts. Before I knew it I was looking at dresses with Ryleigh.

"Oh this would be pretty," Ryleigh said and held out a red wine dress.

I looked at the dress which was actually two pieces the top and then the bottom. My midsection would be visible and I shook my head in a violent 'no'. I looked at the dress and the price tag. Ryleigh rolled her eyes at me and then handed me the dress and pushed me toward the dressing room. I had to admit that it was a cute dress. It looked nice on me as I walked out Ryleigh did a catcall and Lisa's head popped up from the rack of dresses. She had already picked out the boys' outfits as I stood in the doorway of the dressing room. Ryleigh made me turn around doing a spin. The dress wasn't super flowy but was more form-fitting.

"Buy it." Both Lisa and Ryleigh said as I shook my head.

"Then I am buying it for you," Alex said and I looked at him groaning.

'Stop, I don't even want to go.' I signed at Ryleigh.

"Too bad you told Jack you would and he would be so upset," Ry said as I went back in and changed.

I listened to the others converse without me there. I changed back into my light wash skinny jeans and a random t-shirt I had thrown on this morning. It happened to be Mike's shirt which bugged him. I hadn't been feeling well the past few days so I had been signing or writing all my answers for everyone. Mom was going to be right in time for the dinner tonight while I would be getting ready. Lisa promised me I wouldn't have to walk any carpet or anything like the boys would, we would probably meet them inside.

It wasn't until hours later that I got dressed. I got dressed as Lisa was doing Ryleigh's make up. Ryleigh then did Lisa's makeup and I did my own. I kind of wished my mom was here. I was almost finished getting ready when my mom knocked on the door. Dad held a camera around his neck as I rolled my eyes. I rushed barefooted at mom and hugged her.

"Oh, my barefoot child. Come on get your shoes on. Let's go take some pictures," She said and kissed my forehead.

I got my shoes on as my mom greeted everyone. Lisa and my mom started talking about their husbands and how they seem to never age. Ryleigh joined the conversation talking about how sometimes Zack Merrick seemed like an old soul and other times like a twelve-year-old. I think they noticed my absence in the conversations as they tried to pull me in. I shook my head waving at them and walked out into the hallway with a random jacket I had stolen off someone in the crew.

"You cold?" Rian asked and I nodded as he began to take off his suit jacket.

I soon had a suit jacket wrapped around my body. Rian let me button the first few top buttons. I smiled at him as he smiled back at me. He gave me a hug but I didn't want to get too close in fear I'd get makeup on his shirt. He only pulled me in closer though. Rian's girlfriend Laura came over and he wrapped an arm around her waist.

'you look beautiful,' I signed as she looked at Rian for translation.

"She said you look beautiful," He said and then kissed her cheek.

I began to unbutton the suit jacket as Alex walked over rubbing my shoulders. I tilted my head back at him as he made a funny face looking at me. I pointed back toward my hotel room. I was alone for once which was odd. Alex understood what I was trying to tell him as I handed back Rian his suit jacket.

"You sure you're going to be fine?" He asked and I nodded as Laura looked at me smiling as I began to walk toward the stairs.

I took my shoes off as everyone was going to walk down the stairs to get photos taken in the stairwell. I took my shoes off and just ran down the stairs not really into all the mushy shit everyone else was into. This was one of the fairly smaller hotels we stayed in there was only 3 floors. I sat downstairs on one of the sofas waiting for everyone else to come down.