~30~

"Nearly! Be patient!" Naida called back. "I understand, I had a friend that was the same way, though she was super shy and never would've approached me like you did." Naida laughed, remembering what fun her friends back at her home were.

"Well, I can sing, like that Mako guy you mentioned, so we could meet up again sometime if you'd like." Lanai suggested.

"I'd love that!" I cheered and hugged her again.

"Alright then! I'll sing to you later!" She giggled and swam off while Naida swam back to Lionfish, Mako, Ray, and Shark.

"Who were you talking to?" Lionfish asked.

"What're you smiling so big about?" Ray inquired.

"Why'd you run off?" Shark demanded.

"Guy's stop pestering her!" Mako scoffed and reached out to Naida, who nodded, and he grabbed her arm, pulling her over to him so she could meet Angel.

It meant a lot to Naida that Mako had taken her request not to be touched without permission to heart.

"This is Betta." Mako said and gestured to the mermaid in front of him. She had coffee brown hair that hung in a bob around her jawline, light brown skin, an oddly shaped brown tail with a blueish hue and many many white dots all over it, it was long and flat, not like any fish Naida had seen. She wore a cinnamon-colored off the shoulder shirred peplum blouse that went nicely with her hair and tail color. When Naida looked into her eyes,

She expected them to be white, like Lanai's, however, Betta's eyes were black, like the brother's.

"Nice to meetcha, Mako's told me a lot about you." She smiled and put her hand out, Naida shook it. "Hope you didn't see any sirens while over there, I've seen at least three in the past week. It makes sense since onshore is a fishing town. The ocean doesn't like how many fish they're taking. You gotta be careful and keep an eye out for fishing nets here too." She warned and put her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, for sure." Naida agreed, but her mind was elsewhere. She remembered Lanai's unique eyes and tried to think of a reason why they were that way, and now that she thought about it, her and Mako are the only merfolk she's seen with classic mermaid tails, and they both could sing messages. "Wait!" She whirled around and faced Mako. "Is that why only I could hear your songs, because you were directing them to me? All my friends thought I was crazy or having auditory hallucinations, I knew I could hear you!" She gasped, pounding her fist on her palm.