~9~

Everyone stopped drifting and floated at attention, realizing the conversation was ending.

"We'll decorate and reinforce your own room, but it'll take a bit of time to find the proper supplies so until then you need to decide who's room you'll be staying in until then," Mako stated and gestured to the brothers scattered across the room.

"Well, of course, she's going to be staying with me." Lionfish scoffed and attempted to again put his arm around her, but Nadia moved away.

"Definitely not you, I don't trust you with my sleeping body." Nadia hissed. She surveyed the other brothers. She wasn't going to stay with Ray, she wasn't on the best of terms with him, even if she needed to kiss him in order to breath. Shark kinda scared her with his size, and he was the one who kidnapped her, though it was probably because it was the easiest for him to carry her. So Mako or Krait, both weren't very good options. Mako could control her emotions, making her want to do whatever he pleases, and Krait was quiet but hadn't revealed his power yet. "I can't just sleep in here?"

"No." They all said at once.

"Ok... then, then I pick..." Naida looked nervously around the room.

"Yes?" Ray urged.

"Krait." Naida decided. Krait broke into a mad blush and by the way he sunk to the floor with a dizzy expression, he probably almost fainted.

"What! Him?" Lionfish hissed and jabbed a finger at Krait. "But he's spoken once! And he has tattoos!" Lionfish growled, then he turned thoughtful. "Do you like tattoos? Maybe I should get some..." He muttered.

"They're not tattoos, they're tibial marks and you know I was made with them. Naida can..." Krait glanced at Naida, then her legs, then turned away, hiding his blush. "S-she c-can stay with me," He swallowed. "if she wants..."

Naida was starting to have second thoughts about Krait.

"You sure you don't want anyone else?" Shark whined, his tail twitching nervously.

"Actually... yes. I want to stay with Mako." Naida concluded and Mako beamed. The other's faces and shoulders fell, except for Krait, who looked a little relieved.

"Thank you for choosing me, Naida, I'm honored." Mako looked up at the surface, far far above them. "Nearly midday, storm's still raging, we'll have to stay low." He said.