~27~

"Well, we have a friend that may be able to help. I say we, but, well, I'm the only one who's met her." Mako explained, beating around the bush.

"Oooooooo, Mako, did you say she?" Lionfish teased, then gasped. "Mako, are you cheating on Nadia?"

"You can't cheat if you're not dating." She interjected awkwardly and everyone was silent for a few moments.

"I don't like her, you jellyfish, she's devoted to and in a relationship with the person she was created for," Mako explained, irritated.

"Oh, that's so sweet." Lionfish awed, clearly jealous.

"Where is she?" Shark asked, looking around.

"I sent her a song, saying to meet us here, so she'll be here soon, hopefully, assuming she was near water," Mako answered.

"How do you send her a song, and what does it have to do with her being near water? Isn't she a mermaid, therefore always in the water?" Naida asked, and the rest of the brothers looked almost as confused.

"Well, my songs can be heard by whoever I direct them to, no matter how far away they are from me, so long as they are near water, so I sang a song to her about meeting up here. The reason she might now be near water, is well, her physical gift is she can humans into merfolk and vice versa. But for all we know, she's on land hanging out with her boyfriend, the one she was created for. Her ranged gift is she can speak to, turn into, summon, and control seals." He explained thoroughly.

"That sounds really cool! Kinda like a selkie." Naida mused, but when she saw the confused looks on the brother's faces, she became confused as well. "Do you not know what a selkie is?" She asked and they shook their heads. "So merfolk and sirens exist, but not selkies? What about yawkyawks? Ceasgs? Not even naiads?" With every example, they only looked more confused.

"Naida, if you haven't noticed already, Ray is stupid, so you might have to explain to him what those are." Lionfish sighed, clearly the most confused out of the brothers.

Naida rolled her eyes at Lionfish, though, she didn't mind explaining this kind of stuff to them since she was obsessed with all things merfolk, and these were pretty much just another branch of them.