22. New year new ...

Vic's POV:

We only spent two and a half days in Michigan since we wanted to come back home in time for New year's eve, yet it was one of the best vacations I've personally ever been on and with how Kellin seems to be walking on clouds basically, I can only guess that the same goes for him.

We hadn't done that much, but that hasn't been the goal for us either. What was most important was getting to spend a few days alone together, giving Kellin the best Christmas feeling possible by bringing him to his old city Lansing.

Most of the time was spent in the hotel where we were staying as it had so much to offer. There was a giant breakfast buffé, lunch and dinner served in the hotel's own cafeteria as well as room service whenever we wanted to really spoil ourselves.

We had of course explored the city for a bit as well, since Kellin insisted that he wanted to show me the Michigan state capitol building which really looked like something taken right out of a Christmas movie, with the huge Christmas tree in front and the snow.

Amazingly enough, Kellin has even gotten me to love snow the days we spent in it. I had never understood the joy people find in snow, probably since I've only experienced snow like twice in my life before. 

But now, I'm starting to get it. Making snow angels, rolling snow balls to either build little mini houses of, or just throwing at each other, there's just something special about it.

It's one of the things I love about Kellin, how carefree he can be in the best way possible. It's like he manages to care about all the right things and not give a damn about all the right things. Me, I have a much harder time for that.

Kellin cares so much about the people around him, even strangers. He's the kind of person who won't even kill a spider that has come into the house, he will always bring it back outside safely and if you ever do kill the spider yourself, he will lecture you about it. Trust me, I've been there.

He cares about his grades, but not to the point where they take all his focus. He also cares so much about taking care of himself, me and our relationship, as well as spending time doing whatever he feels like in the moment even if that means spending a whole day on the couch. Me, I have such a hard time doing anything like that.

I'm always thinking about what I feel like needs to be done. I won't stop studying for a test until the last second, spending more hours than what is even necessary on my studies just to get high grades. Hell, I don't even know why I feel the need to get those grades, what I'm ever going to use them for. 

Obviously I care for all the people around me as well, but I don't think I'm quite as good at showing is as my boyfriend is. He sure has some qualities that I admire and want to achieve more of personally.

Improving how good I am at showing the people I love that I love them, doing what makes me feel happy instead of just studying for the next test or go running and exercising when I don't even actually feel like doing so. Kellin's behavior sure gives good ideas for some new year's resolutions, perfectly fitting since new year's eve is tomorrow.

Speaking of new year's being tomorrow. I had thought that Kellin was overly excited about Christmas, only to now find him being even more excited for new year's. 

We've decided that we're not gonna throw a huge new year's party even if we had thought about if that was something we wanted. In the end though, we thought we would actually end up having more fun being with just our closest friends instead of having the whole school crammed into the living room.

Lynn is coming over, and starting to date Kellin along with becoming friends with Lynn again are definitely the two best things that have happened to me this year, what I'm most thankful for doing before a whole new year starts.