17. Back to school special

What's the biggest mess, my updating schedule or my mental state? I don't even know:)

Kellin's POV:

Does summer break ever feel like it lasts for enough time? Personally, I don't think so.

It's the last day, or actually night, of summer. We've been home from the cabin for a few days now and even if I had obviously known that summer break was about to end, I still don't feel ready to go back to school tomorrow.

I hadn't been that nervous about it, not until earlier today when I had noticed that Vic was starting to act strangely and I had eventually asked him about it.

I've been pretty much living at Vic's and Mike's house these last few days that are left of summer, just like I did during the rest of summer as well.. I don't even understand how they always let us all stay here so often.

Most of us had just been chilling the whole day, wanting to relax as much as possible before the stress of school, homework, tests and all that it means hit us again. Everyone except for Vic. He's been fretting about school starting tomorrow all day. 

I hadn't thought my boyfriend would be doing so. I'm not saying that he doesn't take school seriously, since I know he has higher grades than I do and makes a lot more of an effort than I usually do, but he always seemed chill about it.

Despite ditching class quite often he still has A's and B's in, I think, every damn subject (note my jealousy) and never seems to stress about school. He seems to take it so easy and just does the assignments without stress or complaints so seeing him rush around packing his bag before we've even had lunch, checking so he has all his things about twenty times wasn't something I had expected.

After we had had dinner and the rest wanted to go out swimming and Vic wanted to go out running to calm down, I decided I should go talk to him.

I knock on the door to his bedroom, though I don't actually wait for an answer before I walk into his room, making Vic turn to send me an angry glare before he realizes that it was just me who caught him shirtless.

"Oh.. hey," he mumbles, not sounding as happy to see me as I would like him to.

"Oh..hey, that's all I get?" I ask.

"Sorry, I was just on my way out. I'm guessing that you don't want to come with me?"

"Well, no. I mostly just run if someone or something is chasing after me. I just wanted to check so that you're okay. You seem really stressed about school starting tomorrow," I say, my voice softer now than before.

"I'm fine. I guess it just feels weird to go back tomorrow. So much has happened during this summer that I really don't know how it's gonna feel to come back there."

"You mean changed as in you're dating a guy now?" I question.

"Well yeah, that, and the fact that I haven't met any of the guys I usually hang out with during the whole summer and gotten a whole new friendship group during these few months."

I give him a skeptical look. There's something about the way he says it all so casually that makes me not believe him. I think it's something else that stresses him out, not just that he has new friends compared to who he hung out with before summer. At last I realize how slow I was just being, it's obvious what is stressing him out.

"You're scared to go back to school tomorrow because you're scared of letting people know that we're dating, aren't you?" I ask him.

I see how I struck a nerve as Vic stops in the movement of tying his shoe for a second before he comes back up again, looking at me.