13. Saying sorry

Kellin's POV.

"You don't have to stay there you know, you can come in here," Vic tells me. At first I hesitate for a moment before finally stepping into the bedroom, closing the door behind me and just stand awkwardly by the bed to begin with.

Vic takes me by total surprise as he suddenly wraps his arms around my waist and before I can react he pulls me down so that I'm straddling his lap, looking at him in total surprise and shock. Vic's eyes meet mine and I feel like he's searching my eyes for answers. What he expects to find, I'm not sure.

Since he doesn't say anything I figure I'll take matters into my own hands and let myself be the first one to talk. I'm about to start apologizing to him as that would be the decent thing for me to do considering I've just hurt him and I really don't have a good excuse for what I did, so all I can do and should do is to say that I'm sorry, because I am, yet there's something else that slips out of my mouth.

"Have you been crying?" I ask Vic as I realize that there are faint trails of dry tears on his cheeks, surely making it seem like he had been crying a lot before I came in her.

"Well.. yeah," he mumbles, not seeming very happy to admit it to me and I give him a sad look.

"Why?" I ask, though the second I have done so I realize that maybe that is a question with a pretty obvious answer. Though the answer Vic gives me, is not at all what I thought it would have been.

"Because I'm falling in love with you." I stare at Vic in shock. My mouth hangs open and my eyes are wide, probably making me look ridiculous. He just said he's falling in love with me! He didn't even flinch while saying it, he was saying it so casually like we just say that to each other all the time!

"You're falling in love with me?" I ask him in disbelief.

"Yeah.. I guess that's why I freaked out so badly over the kiss, it had me scared that I was going to lose you and I would do pretty much anything to not lose you Kell." He strokes some hair out of my face, leaning in so he's a little closer to me.

"You're not, you're not gonna lose me Vic. I'm so sorry I made you worry about that but I can promise you, that kiss was a mistake. It was just like an end of era kiss, in a friendly way and I didn't think it through and I didn't think about how it could hurt you but now I realize that of course it would hurt you because you're my boyfriend and I shouldn't kiss anyone else but you, and I promise you I don't have feelings for Jaime and I'm so so so sorry for kissing him."

I stop my rambling and Vic is just about to say something when I interrupt him.

"And Jaime is sorry too by the way. He kept apologizing so much to me even if I can only blame myself for agreeing to kiss him and I assure you he doesn't want to like take me away from you or something so there is really nothing to worry about but I'm still so sorry."

Vic looks at me a little strangely as I let out a breath after talking for so long. He gives me the teasing smile of his that I receive quite often as he speaks up.

"You finished?" he asks.

"Actually no, one more thing." I pause, gently placing the palm of my hands on his cheeks as I lean in and press a kiss to his lips. "I'm falling in love with you too."

As I tell him this I can see my boyfriend's whole face light up with happiness from my words, he looks as if he can't believe what he's hearing.

"Really?" he asks me.

"Really," I assure him.

He wraps his arms even tighter around me, bringing my whole body into his in a tight hug. I hug him back with my arms wrapped around his neck, my nose pressed against his head as I take a deep breath, being creepy enough to enjoy the scent of his hair.