You?!

"You!" A female pointed her gun at the fake Sam.
"You?!" Danny was utterly confused. He hadn't seen this lady since 2013. His first inclination was to lower his gun, but he kept it pointed at her. "But- how- why— Jackie?"
"Curatola?" Baez looked at her partner, confused. She and ESU had burst in when they heard a gun shot.
"Yeah, Jackie Curatola. That's me. So what?" The now brassy-blonde haired woman asked roughly.
"Bu.... you were one of us! A very good cop! What the hell happened?!" Danny was still completely confused.
"Didn't you ever get it?" Jackie wondered, gun still pointing at the detectives. "I..... hated..... working with you. Not because you were hotheaded, or rebellious, or any other reason people hate working with you. I hated working with you because-"
"You loved him," Baez finished. "You wanted him. Even a small one night stand. But he wouldn't do it. Almost three years, and he wouldn't succumb to you."
"That's right," Jackie sneered. "I tried everything! And nothing worked! So I left. I went to Jersey, and secretly kept tabs on you. I thought I'd get you when your wife was shot, because all you two did was fight. For sure I thought you or her was going to leave. But you didn't! You ended up having sex with her! And then I thought, gee whiz! What is the deal?! So I waited. I thought I'd get to you after the house fire, but, again, you stuck to her like glue! Then, then we devised a brilliant plan. So Bones kidnapped her at the hospital. We hired a stunt pilot to crash the helicopter with all her belongings. It was everywhere. The news, the papers, online. We were gonna kill her right away, but Bones wanted some fun. Lots of fun. For six months, he had his fun. Then, we were going to kill her. We had gone out to buy some more food, supplies, dynamite.... But then you had to find her. You had to rescue her. You had to nurse her back to health. You thought it would be easy, but it's never easy. The PTSD, the nightmares, the night terrors, the regression.... for sure we thought you were going to get fed up. But you pursued! Pursued! And you convinced her to have sex with you! Again!"
"I'm allowed to do that, you know. She is my wife. And I didn't convince her to do anything. She did it herself."
"She was your wife."
"Was?" Danny hoped against hope that Jackie was trying to get under his skin.
"That's right, was. I killed her myself. And it was so thrilling! Bones is probably dead, but what do I care? I just needed him for the muscle." Jackie shrugged, "he had his fun with your wife, and so did I. He convinced me. I gotta say I rather enjoyed it. I didn't peg myself for a-"
Baez had shot Jackie in the shoulder, "man, is she annoying!.... Danny?" She looked to her partner, who wasn't there. She cuffed Jackie, looking towards the other perp, who had been shot by Danny. "Danny?"
In the mean time, Danny was looking behind every door for his wife. If she was really dead, he wanted to see her. One last time, he wanted to say he loved her. He wanted to kiss her forehead once more, push her hair back, caress her cheek. Please be alive. Please be alive. Please be alive.