Acceptance And After

Sunday,

24th January

11:15 P.M.

Everything around here is quiet now, it's almost unnerving. Even East is relatively quiet, perhaps in the anticipation of the announcement of the members of the general assembly. There are still a few small brawls scattered across, but that's about it all.

The situation of the household, however, has changed drastically and every one of us is on varying stages of pre-wedding happiness. The most excited, however, is without exception Munira bhabhi, because she is finally getting a companion to spend her day with. "It gets dull without company" as she tells me.

The rest of my extended family has also been informed of the upcoming ceremony, much to my dismay. I had hoped against hope that it'd be a quiet affair, but abba is all about grandeur. I do like my aunts and uncles and cousins, it's just... you do not want to be the youngest cousin in my family. I despise people fawning over me and telling me how much I have grown since they'd last seen me. And it is sure to happen now, of course. I'm getting married now and the last time they'd seen me, I was not even of age. It was at bhaijaan's wedding. I turned eighteen the week after.

Abba wants it to be as soon as is possible, but since we will have to go to India, it is going to take a while for the paperwork to be done with. Which reminds me, I'm going to have apply for a leave. I suppose it is good that things are quiet then, or it's never be approved.

Goodnight

Iqbal.S