Another Place - 18.3

Start from the beginning

I was zoned out when I heard Flynn whisper in my ear. "You ready to go?" His breath was cold against my neck. Is anything about Vampires warm?

I nodded. "Mm-hm."

Flynn and I got in the first van with four others. We sat in silence for the entirety of the ride. 20 minutes in, Flynn engulfed my knee in his hands, massaging it absentmindedly. I tried to ignore it and think of our task, but he succeeded in distracting me until I was no longer fussing over our mission.

We arrived at what appears to be a town on the outskirts of a city. In a quieter part of town, the van stopped, letting Flynn and I out. In the car, he had placed a collar onto my neck. I couldn't help but grimace the entire time, my stomach churning. Flynn hooked a leash to the collar silently.

Outside, we walked down the streets, seeing mostly Witches and Wood Fairies wandering the town. Most stopped and stared. I tried to hold my head up, but after a while I let Flynn lead me by the leash as I trailed behind him slightly, looking at those who looked at me.

Once inside the city line, we began to see more Vampires, some Fallen Angels and even some leashed slaves or pets. Werewolves and Shifters, some older, but most young. I silently hoped that we could save them and that our plan would work. That people would see there is another way and that all of these slaves and pets wouldn't be too broken to fight.

Flynn tugged on my leash once. That meant we had arrived at the station. Flynn walked in without an issue, and I trailed behind him, starting to get more and more nervous. At the first sign of trouble, I would shift. That was the agreed-upon plan. I did not want to shift too quickly, we want as much of a chance as possible.

Flynn walked towards a woman that looked like a receptionist. A young-looking vampire with long black hair who was playing with her nails.

"I have a message that needs to be delivered."

The women ignored Flynn. He cleared his throat and she looked up annoyed.

Her entire demeanour changed once she looked at Flynn. "Oh, yes of course." She smiled at him flirtatiously. "What would this message be?"

Flynn stayed deadpan as he said his next line. "It is from the king, I need to be brought to the control room immediately."

The women's eyes widened. "The king! Oh, you must be important. Of course..."

"Flynn." Said Flynn, giving his real name. I questioned his reasoning for this but couldn't exactly say anything.

The woman led us down a hallway and made sure to brush Flynn's arm as she showed him which room he would need, letting him know that a man named Steven would be able to help him inside. I had to hold back a growl as the woman glared at me as she left.

"Come on Rose," whispered Flynn.

A large recording studio, almost like a newsroom had one person recording. It didn't appear they were live at the moment, as other screens had another program playing. This was a broadcasting room for one of the most prominent channels and they were recording their next show.

There were two Dark Angels operating cameras filming the Vampire man in the tight suit. A woman, who appeared to be a Witch, was sitting at a desk. One man, who looked like he was in charge, was wandering around the room, and a large man stood by the door. He would be the most difficult, as ideally, we would like the doors locked before we started the takedown.

One of the cameramen called for a wrap and he and the Vampire in the tight suit left the room. Two down, easy.

"What do you want?" asked the angry man wandering around the station. He took a minute to size me up before moving towards Flynn. I am assuming he decided I wasn't much of a threat.