So Much More Than This - 12

Annabelle's POV

Good to his word, unfortunately, I was back to being stuck in the bedroom after that unfortunate mall mishap, despite buying lots of new 'outdoor' clothes. Outdoor meaning outside of the comforts of a bedroom.

Jace's room, which I was coming to think of as our room was actually quite comfortable, and almost homey now. Jace had put in more lighting since I had arrived, and bought some soft and comfortable blankets, more so for lounging than for sleeping. Him, being a vampire, didn't need as much lighting as I did, being that he could basically see in the dark, he also didn't seek as much comfort as I did, hence the blankets. Though I believe the comfort bit didn't exactly have to do with him being a vampire.

Other than the large bed in the center of the room, there was a mounted TV and large bookshelf that held hardbound books as well as other various things. There was a large comfy couch, and a comfortable windowsill ledge that I had turned into my little nook.

The nook was the one spot in the room that I would almost consider mine. Jace never sat there, never really even noticed that I sort of... made it mine, so I guess he didn't seem to mind. I placed my ukulele there, and sat there playing it throughout most of the day.  I was actually getting pretty good, but I avoided playing La Vie En Rose as much, considering what happened with Jace's mother.

The nook was just perfect enough for me to sit in my human form, and a wonderful spot to stretch out in the form of a cat, just basking in the sun that would sometimes shine through the window on a particularly sunny morning.

Of course, with Jace being a vampire, the window was extra paneled in a way that it was hard to get any sunshine from it regularly. It was just on the sunniest mornings, and if I lay in the right spot, I can almost feel the warmth shining in.

Although Jace seems to be awake with the sun, I know it isn't the best thing for him. So I do understand why he would prefer to have none shining into his bedroom. He would probably also prefer to be awake during the night instead of day, like some of the population of vampires that live in highly vampire populated areas. But for Jace, waking up in the morning, that's still the way the world works. Even with vampires in charge, there are still a lot of creatures that outnumber them, and changing everyone's hours around would be nearly impossible. Or maybe just impossible. That would be the one thing that might actually cause witches to revolt.

...

It had been a little over two weeks since the little 'stunt' I pulled in the mall, as Jace so tastefully put it. I explained to him that I didn't mean to, and that it was just a natural reaction, and luckily he seemed to understand. Even if he didn't understand, I don't think he would have hurt me, my reaction in the car was silly, I should have known he wouldn't hurt me! He had been so nice to me; he had been making an effort. I am basically ripe for the picking and he hasn't even fed on me. For a shifter in my time, I have it so damn easy. So, although if he didn't understand, he might have been angrier, and maybe not given me the ukulele, but he wouldn't have hurt me.

Strangely, I am beginning to trust Jace more and more. I realize, now that I don't have any family left, if I didn't have Jace, I would've been alone. The grief I felt when I was first picked up by Flynn was slowly starting to fade into memory. Although it still hasn't been too long, I know I have to move on. They're gone, and I still have to survive, sitting in grief will not help my chances in this messed up world.

So since I don't have anyone else to turn to, Jace is my only hope at a non-miserable life. Every night when he comes back to the room, I make an effort to talk with him, discuss things with him, and sometimes I just sing to him and play on the ukulele. He seems to appreciate this time, and I do as well. I feel as if I am making an impression, and I can feel him becoming more and more meaningful to me every moment we spend together.

I mean, I have no one else.

...

A scream wakes me up from my peaceful slumber on the windowsill. Confused, I look outside, and realize it was still day, I must have fallen asleep. Shaken, I hear another scream and look out the window, and look down towards the gardens. Not sure why I am doing this, as I know I will not see anything, I shake my head and lean against the windowsill facing the door.

The scream, although high pitch and terrifying, was not terrified. It sounded shrill and a scream that one would make out of pure frustration. It was kind of funny to be honest, and I wish that I would have been able to know the story behind that scream.

"I want to see her!" screamed the same frustrated shrill voice. This time I could tell it was coming from the hallway.

"BACK OFF CHELSEA!" screams another voice I recognize as Jace. I hear storming towards the bedroom door.

Suddenly frightened, as I probably should be. As fast as lightning, and with the clothing still trapped around my small body, I run in cat form and squish myself underneath one of the bookshelves. Squirming, I remove my head from the pant leg, so I can breathe properly, and press my ears down to my head, trying to remain as quite as possible, even though any relatively attentive vampire could hear my heartbeat in a second.

A door slams open, and a girl walks in the room, but all I can see are the 5-inch silver stilettos she was sporting, as I was currently hiding under a bookshelf.

"Where is she?!" I hear the whiney voice ask

Soon after, I hear a slam and see the feet of the woman get lifted off the floor, as the prince presses the woman firmly against the wall. Due to the lack of gasping, I could only assume this was a vampire, and that this act wouldn't hurt her in the slightest, it would only be slightly annoying.

"You have NO RIGHT to be in this room Chelsea. You need to back off right now. I am sorry that I won't sleep with you, and NO it doesn't have anything to do with the shifter. As you can see she's not here." Jace says, anger laced in is voice.

He places her to the ground, she stumbles slightly towards the door.

"It doesn't matter what the reason is anyway. Go find another man, I'm sure there are plenty here that would love to sleep with you."

She halts at the door, "but none are the prince." She huffs and walks out the door, slamming it behind her.

After a few seconds, I can no longer hear her footsteps.

"You can come out now Annabelle."

.....

EDITED

What do you think!?

What's Jace thinking in that head of his? What's going to happen next!?

Comment, Like, Follow!!

Also, what's going on in your lives right now? I just had my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend yesterday! So I'm still hyped on that :)<3

- K