The Judge - 3.1

Annabelle's POV

After about 10 minutes of trying to figure out how to use the remote I gave up and hopped off the bed. It was useless, I can't remember how to use these fancy remotes. Even though it's only been about a year since I lost my freedom, it's been 5 years since I've used the TV. Once my brother Kyle got drafted into war, our family got rid of our TV, and even then it wasn't nearly as fancy as this. Our TV was small but well built, but it just kept giving us reminders of the war. Showing us that Kyle was gone, and that he was probably never going to come back. He didn't come back, if you're wondering.

Since I was bored, I walked towards the bathroom, just to check it out. I opened the door and I couldn't help but gasp, it was huge! There was a massive shower that could probably fit a whole family and a massive bath to match. The entire wall on the left side was mirrors. I swiftly walked out of the room, not really wanting to know how I looked. I probably looked disgusting, I feel disgusting. Maybe since Jace was being so nice to me he would let me take a bath. Oh that would be so nice!

I walk back into the huge bedroom and open the other door, and it was a gigantic walk in closet! "Whoa" I say in awe. It's always a girl's dream to have a walk in closet and I am no different. There is so much room in here and It was also only like half full. I wish I had a wardrobe to fill a closet like this. One with so many different colours and pretty dresses and comfy slippers. It really is only a dream though. All of this has always just been only a dream.

I hear loud fast footsteps walking towards the door. I run and hop on the bed as fast as I can. It wasn't a really grateful hop since the bed is quite tall but at least whoever was storming this way didn't see that.

Jace swings the door open so hard it crashes into the wall on the other side. I look at him in shock. Why is he so angry? Is he mad at me? I couldn't have done anything wrong! There was nothing for me to do wrong, but even though that's true, Jace comes stalking towards me. His eyes are full of blind anger, I am not even sure he knows what he is doing. All I know this is the most scared I have ever been of someone in my entire life.

Jace grabs my chin roughly and I look up at his face. His eyes are almost glazed over and he appears to be chanting under his breath. Is this a witches curse? Witches can do black magic, although I have never seen it, I would assume this is what it would look like. 

The next thing I know Jace is screaming into my face, something about a girl named Karly. Who is Karly? I try to explain I don't know what he is talking about but he doesn't seem to hear me. Suddenly his eyes shut, and a pained look is on his face. The next thing I know I am being flung off the bed at vampire speed as Jace lets out a scream of pain. 

I go flying into the shelf next to the bed and fall on all the floor. All I feel is excruciating pain after I hear the crunch of my newly broken bones. I can feel my arm has broken as it lies underneath my body. I can't help it, I scream as loud as I can. It is the most pain I have ever been in. My father has never broken one of my bones before, and I am only here for a day and the prince has already broken my arm! I was wrong about him, he is not in the least bit nice. He is the spawn of Satan himself.

"What have I done." says the prince as he rushes towards me. My arm is still bent underneath me and I start silently crying. Whenever my father hurt me I only cried silent tears, it was just easier that way. The prince tried to pick me up and I panic.

"No, no, no, please no more, just leave me alone," I say but I don't struggle as he lifts me off of the ground and into his arms. I grab my limp arm with my good one and cradle it against my chest, whimpering to myself.

"I am so sorry Annabelle, so so sorry, you're not in trouble. I didn't know what I was doing." Jace gushes out while cradling me in his arms. I don't answer him.

Jace sits on the bed, still holding me in his arms, he strokes my hair as if a way to calm himself down. I can tell he feels bad, it looked like he was possessed, but as bad as I feel for him for being cursed, I feel worse for myself. 

"Annabelle, have you ever broken a bone before?"

I shake my head no, but don't look at him, I just look at my arm that is still bent in that strange way, the thought of how it will look in a few hours makes me sick.

"Since you are a shifter, your bones will heal very fast. You are constantly shifting and changing your bone structure so they are used to being in strange places. So as soon as your arm is set right again it will only take a few days to heal completely, you won't need a cast, just a cloth wrap."

"Okay I understand." I say quietly, doing my best to move my arm as little as possible.

"Annabelle can you look at me?" I look up at his face and he looks me straight in the eye. "Annabelle, this means I am going to have to set your arm, it is a pretty bad break so it is going to hurt a lot. I am really sorry kitten, I never meant for this to happen."

I cringe but nod slightly. I hate this. I don't want it to hurt anymore. Jace picks me off his lap and lays me on my back.

He runs into the bathroom and come back only half a second later holding some soft bandage that I am assuming he is going to wrap around my arm. He takes my arms to my sides away from the rest of my body. Jace then climbs on top of me in a straddle, being sure not to place too much weight on my body. Only doing this to keep me still. he then grabs my wrist and just above where the break happened on my forearm.

Jace looks me right in my eyes. "I am really sorry kitten." Then as fast as he can, he snaps my bone right back into place.

I scream louder then the first time as my eyes almost pop out of my skull. He quickly grabs the bandage and at vampire speed winds it around my arm, fastening it with a safety pin.

After he releases my arm I pull it towards my side and cradle it. I whimper and roll onto my side where the jaw isn't broken, I then curl up into a little ball, trying to make myself as small and invisible as I can. I can't help the tears from streaming down my face. That hurt worse than the actual break and the pain hadn't yet subsided.

I could taste my salty tears as they poured out of my eyes. "Please forgive me Annabelle," said Jace laying beside me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I was in too much pain to try to remove his grasp from around my body.

Jace pulled me closer into him on the bed and my back pressed into all of him. It felt like he was trying to protect me. Even though he was the only one I needed protecting from at the moment. He was the one who caused all this.

The pain slowly started to subside and I could feel myself starting to slip out of conciseness and into a deep sleep. Jace starting petting my hair and it felt so nice, so calming, my tears stopped and I could feel myself smile at memories of my mom doing the same thing when I was sick with the flu. She got sick with the flu afterwards but she always said it was worth it to see the pretty smile on my face.

I soon fell into a deep sleep, cradled in the vampire Prince's arms.

------

Photo: Jace

-----

EDITED

Vote

Comment

#please

Subscribe :)

Tell your friends!!!

Luv, K