Never Gonna Let You Down - 15.2

Annabelle's POV

My mind was in overdrive. I could barely concentrate on what was happening. What I was doing... but I knew I liked it, and I knew it felt amazing.

I think I put him into shock the moment I jumped him, because he froze before I did. I didn't mean to startle him like that, and I wasn't even planning on actually kissing him... well not today at least, but then he went ahead and made my heart melt so much that only kissing him would put it back together. He had said I was free.

A part of me, even though he had been so kind, so understanding and loving in the past few months... I didn't really know where we stood. I felt like his friend, but I didn't know if I was more like a friend, or a pet. Now I know what he really thinks. There would be no reason for him to lie so I know he's telling me the truth. He believes I am free to make my own choices, and I believe he would respect those choices. He is going to fight for me, and he is going to make sure everyone else knows I am free.

Before he could even process what I had done, I pulled away, smiling at him. The look of pure shock on his face almost made me laugh, and even before I could start to think he hadn't liked it, I was in his arms again and his lips were on mine.

I didn't think anything could ruin this perfect moment.

Then I heard some laughing.

I was almost angry when I slowly pulled away from Jace, my eyebrows frowning for me, looking around for the one who broke up our moment. My eyes landed quickly on Rose who was doubled down on the floor in laughter, and my anger disappeared as if it had never been there. I guess in our excitement we had left the suite door open and our affection was free for the world to see, or at least for Rose.

I looked up at Jace, who himself was trying to look stern, but I could tell he was moments away from breaking down in laughter himself.

"I can't believe I was ever afraid of you" said Rose through her laughter.

I giggled and looked up at Jace, "Me either."

He almost looked taken aback, "I'm scary!" He said in disbelief.

"No you're not, cousin," said another voice, as Flynn appeared from around the corner. He stopped and looked down at Rose with a smirk on his face. "Now can you please stop running away from me? You need to rest."

Rose stopped laughing for only a minute. Then she looked up at Flynn and laughed again, "god your such a spoil sport, I'm fine grandpa."

Flynn scowled, "No one ever seems to believe me when I tell them I'm not 100 years old."

"That's cause you look it..." said Rose quietly, though she must have known we could all hear her. She then looked up at Flynn and squeaked seeing the scowl getting wider, prompting her get off the floor and start running. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do Belle," she screamed from down the hallway.

Flynn gave us a confused look before sprinting after her at full speed.

I looked up at Jace, "what would Rose do?"

"Dear god, I don't even want to know. All I want to know is what you would do."

I smiled again and pulled the back of his head down so his lips were back on mine.

It only lasted for a second before Jace pulled away, and smiled "good to know."

He then got up and shut the suite door. "I guess we've given everyone enough of a show for the night."

I laughed, "that wasn't my intention."

Jace smiled as got back up on the bed. "What was your intention?" He then grabbed me closer and pulled the blanket over on top of us, letting me be engulfed in the warmth the blankets provided. The room was still for a moment while I collected my thoughts.

"I think I've just wanted to do that... for a while now. I finally felt I could. For the first time, no part of me held onto the feeling that you owned me."

Jace just held me, choosing to say nothing for a while, and I was okay with that. I knew he was happy and so was I.

After about 5 minutes of just laying together he slowly got out of bed and walked into the closet, I sat up in the bed, hoping to see what he was doing. He came out a moment later holding my ukulele.

No words needed to be said, and I took it from his hands as he crawled over me, back into the bed. I sat cross-legged leaning against him as I began to play our song.

Hold me close and hold me fast

The magic spell you cast

This is la vie en rose

When you kiss me heaven sighs

And tho I close my eyes

I see la vie en rose

When you press me to your heart

I'm in a world apart

A world where roses bloom

And when you speak... Angels sing from above

Everyday words seem... To turn into love songs

Give your heart and soul to me

And life will always be

La vie en rose

.......

Lemme know what you think

<3

 Kayla

How was your summer?? I want to hear about it

IG: vancitymicky