Masquerade

March 24, 2010

Caroline Forbes walked into the fairly busy Mystic Grill and she stopped a couple feet away from the door, her eyes automatically finding Matt and she stalking his every move. Matt happened to be busting the nearby table and found himself on the receiving end of the blonde's intense stare. The blue eyed human shifted uncomfortable, trying to squash the bubble of hope that surged in his gut at the sight of his ex-girlfriend who dumped him out of the blue.

"Do you need a table?" Matt hesitantly questioned, obvious confusion as to why she was there plastered on his face.

"No, I'm not staying. I just needed to use the little girls' room." Caroline blurted out before scampering away, her face red as tomato in mortification. Now she had to go to the bathroom. She rolled her eyes frustratingly and mentally smacked herself on the forehead.

Caroline sighed heavily as she turned on the tap water in the girl's bathroom. She was disappointed. She hated what she and Matt had become and in the moment as she washed her hands she looked up into the mirror to see Louise and Elena but this time she knew this was Vivienne and Katherine however she'll play along.

"Elena? Louise?"

"Hey, I saw you with Matt, are you okay?" Katherine asking, giving her now slightly perfected Elena impersonation, faux concern dripping in her voice.

"Yeah, you know...whatever." Caroline mumbled, attempting to flash past them with superspeed but Vivienne was too quick, grabbing a handful of the newbie's blonde curls and yanking her back.

"You're good." Vivienne complimented with a smirk on her face. Her smirk only deepened when she saw the frightened look on the blonde's face. "What gave us away? Was it the hair?" she questioned, twisting her own tight curls, then tilted her head. "Or was it my clothes?"

"I know Elena and Louise are-" She stuttered looking between the older vampires. "I know Elena and Louise are at home."

"We need you to deliver a message. Tell Damon and Stefan that we want the moonstone or we will rip this town apart until it rains blood." Katherine said and Caroline swallowed hard.

Vivienne promptly added. "Tonight, at the masquerade ball."

━ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧ ༉‧₊˚. ━

Jenna just got out of the hospital, more or less okay. On each side of her, Jeremy and Matt hand an arm tightly wrapped around her as they helped her limp to the front door of the Gilbert resistance. Elena held the 'get well soon' flowers and bears Jenna had gotten from her friends and Louise unlocked the door, pushing it aside, allowing them all to enter.

Jenna groaned, not like all the fuss that was being made. "Hey, stop fussing, I'm fine."

"We'll all just worried about you." Louise offered her aunt a small smile. "Besides, the doctors said that you have to take it easy."

"Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, haemorrhage and die, alright?" Jeremy chimed in. Him and Matt helped Jenna moved down the few steps from the foyer into the living room.

Jenna: Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment.

They all chuckled while Matt stated. "No."

"I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" Jenna stated with a smile in disbelief. Louise eyes fell to the floor as she was washed with a wave of gilt. Memories from that night clouded her mind. She pushed them back as she looked back up at her aunt with a forced smile.

"It was a freak accident." Elena spoke slowly, knowing that was not the truth. She exchanged a look with her sister, knowing it was Stefan's compulsion that made Jenna think that way.