The Return

AN: So, here's the sequel to 'Tangled Web of Love'. If you're new here then I strongly recommend that go read that now. And if you're here because you've read 'Tangled Web of Love' then welcome back and thank you so much for supporting my story and sticking with me until this far. So, here's the first chapter. Enjoy!

━ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧ ༉‧₊˚. ━

February 25, 2010

Inside the Gilbert's kitchen, after grabbing a bottle of water, John closed the refrigerator door. He is slightly startled when he sees who he thinks is his daughter, Elena but is really Katherine pretending to be Elena. "You scared me." John stated, startled by her presence.

"Sorry." Katherine replied before walking towards the sink to beginning mindless chores that she imagined her doppelganger would do.

"Is Jenna home?" John asked as he glanced over his shoulder into the quite house.

"She had to meet the fire chief about the building." The vampire told him, still keeping up her pretences. "She doesn't know the truth. They've covered it up."

"Yeah I know." John nodded. "How's Jeremy?"

Katherine's shoulders rose in a small shrug as she answered. "Holed up in his room."

"Can I help?" John asked with a small smile on his face as he moved towards the sink to grab some dishes.

The brunette's eyes caught the giant ring on his finger and a ghost smile pulled at her lips as she nodded. She passed him some cutlery before she gripped a large knife in her hand and brought it down on his fingers effectively removing his ring that brought him back to life after being killed by a supernatural species. Katherine shoved him back against the sink.

John face painted with horror. "Katherine?!"

Katherine's eyes grew darker, the whites of them flooded with red and veins danced underneath. "Hello John, Goodbye John." She violently rammed the knife into his stomach before pulling out her phone and typing.

━ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧ ༉‧₊˚. ━

Moonlight was streaming through the curtains on Vivienne's nude body. Damon ran his fingers from her shoulder down to her hip, then back up again, taking in every detail of her olive skin. He couldn't belive she was here. 'Louise Gilbert' - the woman he had grown to love over the past year by his side like he had dreamed of. He nearly choked on the three words that automatically came to his mouth. He wouldn't say them...not just yet anyway.

His fingers played with the curls on her shoulder. After a moment her breathing became shallow and she shifted a little.

"You really aren't gonna let me sleep, are you?" she groaned as she grabbed a pillow and covered her face.

"Enough with the sleeping." he protested as he threw her pillow across the room and crawled on top of her.

"Yeah, like we've had any of that! Not that I mind." she replied with a hand on his chest. "I'm glad we've surpassed this friends thing but I need some sleep, Damon." It surprised her how well he was easily fooled. Maybe because he was so in love with this human girl, that he couldn't pinpoint the finer details that could tell Vivienne and Louise apart.

Damon silenced her with one finger. "I am too, Louise. You don't know how long I've waited for this." he whispered into her ear and she was thankful that he couldn't see the anger wash over her face at his statement. He cupped her breast with one hand while he kissed her neck slowly.

Vivienne wrapped her legs around him and shifted them both so he was now lying on his back. She leaned over but stopped at the sound of her phone going off in her jacket pocket on the floor. Talk about good timing. If he called her by doppelganger's name one more time she might actually blow her cover.