By The Light Of The Moon

March 30, 2010

Bonnie came around to see the Gilbert sisters a few couple later, but immediately Louise was met with the impression that her best friend was just there to keep and eye on them.

"We're going to find another way," Bonnie insisted to the girls as Louise sulked. They were all sitting on Elena's bed.

"And when Klaus gets wind of that you're all dead." Louise responded moodily. Bonnie sighed and reached into her bag and pulled out the moonstone, holding it up so that the translucent surface caught the light.

"There's no reason Klaus will find out." Bonnie stated calmly putting the moonstone between them.

Elena looked at the stone thoughtfully. It was hard to believe that Jeremy risked his life for a stone no bigger than a palm of hand. It was even harder to believe that Stefan was now trapped in the tomb with Vivienne and Katherine because of it. "Now that you've got this back, what are you gonna do with it?" she asked.

"Right now, it's what is binding the Sun and the Moon Curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless." Louise arched a single brow at how the witch made it all sound and all Elena heard was the word 'if'. She was past feeling disturbed and freaked out by the curse and now felt oddly peaceful about it all, accepting it as the only course of action.

"And according to Katherine and Vivienne, Klaus becomes vengeful." Anybody who could scare Katherine and Vivienne was somebody they should avoid getting on the wrong side of.

"Maybe." Bonnie answered mildly. "If he finds out."

"Bonnie, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out." Elena said emphatically.

"Stefan wants me to focus on this." Typical Stefan. Both Louise and Elena rolled their eyes.

"Why are you listening to him?" Louise huffed out.

Elena nodded in agreement as she added. "Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong."

"I'm taking Stefan's side with this one." Bonnie replied firmly. "We're not gonna let you guys get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual." And so, Elena's one hope was gone. She knew that if Bonnie was willing to side with Stefan and Damon that she and Louise had no hope of any kind of support.

Jeremy was just as vocal in his denouncement of what he called the twins' 'suicide mission' and he told them so at every opportunity, including when Bonnie had left the room to get coffee. Jeremy shook his head at them in clear disappointment, something which made Louise stomach churn. She never wanted to hurt her younger brother, but she wanted him to be safe and as llong as she and Elena were alive; he wasn't; none of them were.

It didn't not escape Elena's notice that Bonnie had slid the moonstone back in her bag before leaving the room. Her mind still on Stefan, Elena had an idea. Quietly, once Jeremy's back was turned, she slipped the moonstone out of Bonnie's bag and into her pocket and grabbed her car keys.

"Let's go, Lou."

Louise trailed behind her sister's crouching form but paused at the top of the stairs in thought; this seemed way to easy. However the older Gilbert girl didn't seem to notice her sister had stopped as she focused on inching down the stairs.

Right on que, Bonnie appeared at the bottom of the stairs, blocking Elena's descend. "Where are you going?"

"Um..." Elena trailed off, her eyes flickering back to her sister as she pleaded for her to come to her rescue. "Louise is taking me to see Stefan."