Brave New World

February 27, 2010

The morning after Jeremy's death, Louise clambered gingerly from Elena's warm bed, she stretched, gritting her teeth as she felt her muscles protest the movement. The sun was just creeping over the horizon as she crept from the bed carefully not trying to wake her sister. She walked quietly down the stairs, well aware everyone in the house was still in bed. She found it difficult to sleep last night.

Wandering into the kitchen, she took her time making a pot of coffee before pouring herself a cup and sitting at the table. Although she tried to get her mind to relax, it continued to race. She kept seeing Jeremy's neck breaking, his body slumping to the floor. Even though he came back, the image will forever be plastered in her mind. All because of Damon.

What he did to Jeremy was unforgivable. It has to be, she told herself. Damon knew how much Jeremy meant to her. After losing her parents, Jeremy was one of the only people she had left. A direct link to her parents. Thank god for that ring. If it wasn't for that, she would have been destroyed. Why would he hurt her like that? To cause her so much pain. She thought she understood him but maybe she really didn't.

She shook her head as she tried to think of something else. She tried to think about all the things she was grateful for, like the fact she still has her brother, even though he could have died last night. She still has, Elena, Aunt Jenna and all her friends. As she thought about how much she had to be thankful for, she realised she's become too wrapped up in the world of the supernatural and she's forgetting to live like a human...which she still is - sort of. So now, here she is, making a vow for herself. Today, she's going to about her day as a normal non-vampire loving girl.

Sighing softly to herself, Louise bringing herself back to the present, just in time to see Elena entering the kitchen.

The eldest Gilbert walked straight over to the kettle and poured herself a mug, the smell of hot coffee hitting her nose like a wave. Usually she would be dressed prior to heading downstairs for breakfast but not this time. No, this time she was still in her pj's; still in the process of waking up and oh so clearly grumpy.

"I've decided to live as a human today." Louise suddenly announced. Elena merely cock her perfectly shaped eyebrow as she proper her cup of coffee to her lips.

"Yep. I've been too caught up in the supernatural world." Louise explained. "So, I'm going to school and help Bonnie make this carnival event something Caroline would be proud of. Then I'm going to ride the rides, spend tons of money on the games trying to win stuffed animals I don't need. And finally, stuff my face with so much sugar, I might slip into a coma."

"Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad plan." Elena agreed. "I think I might join in on that."

"Being normal boring teenagers can't be hard, right?"

"Right." Elena laughed. She couldn't help but eye her sister suspiciously, Louise was surprising cheery this morning after everything that happened last night.

━ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧ ༉‧₊˚. ━

"Vivienne and Katherine looked just like you two, it was freakish."

Louise gave Bonnie a scowled at her timing for bringing up their doppelgangers but she didn't see because the witch was wrapping carnival prizes. She was making it hard for Louise to block out the vampire world. "I'm aware." The brunette muttered.

"They are our ancestors." Was all Elena was going to add as she quickly changed the subject. "I moved the student booth into the cafeteria."

"Your vampire ancestors" Bonnie prompted not catching the vibe that neither Louise or Elena wanted to discuss this. "And they didn't just resemble you like a family member would. They were you guys."