Kill Or Be Killed

March 5, 2010

"I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf." Jeremy expressed to Louise as he leaned against the wall of their joined bathroom as he watched her dry her hair with a towel. The brunette scowled at Jeremy's reflection briefly before returning to her hair. Due to Elena's no lying policy, the twins told Jeremy about the Lockwoods.

"We're not sure about that yet." she told him. "The only thing we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is."

"It should be enough easy for us to figure it out."

Louise paused, turning to face her brother with pointed eyes. "There is no us. Just because you're in the loop, that doesn't mean that you're allowed to be involved in it."

"By definition of being in this family, I'm involved." Jeremy held up his hand, showing her the Gilbert's ring and Louise tilted her head at it before shaking her head.

"This is dangerous, Jeremy. You have to stay out of it, okay?"

"Alright." he conceded. "Just saying."

Louise thought that was too easy but decided not to question him as watched as her brother leave the bathroom. After drying then straightening her hair, the brunette moved back into her bedroom to continue getting ready for Historical Society picnic that she had to attend in an hour or so. She wore a dark red tee with a denim mini skirt and all black vans.

━ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧ ༉‧₊˚. ━

Most of mystic Fall's residents were gathered in the public park in honour of Historical Society Volunteer Day. Preparations are underway. Carol Lockwood was giving a speech but the eldest Salvatore tuned out as he saw his brother walking over to Mason Lockwood. He had a feeling he knew what their conversation would be about. Damon had let it slip last night he tried and failed to kill Mason. Surprisingly, Stefan did not seem all too happy that they now had an enemy with a lethal bite. Damon wasn't thrilled about it either but he just figured he'd have to be more creative with killing Mason before he had a chance to turn.

The blue eyed vampire rolled his eyes as he watched Stefan and Mason shake hands before the werewolf walked off. He moved over to his brother.

"What are you doing?" he questioned. Stefan didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

"Negotiating peace on your behalf." Stefan responded.

Damon groaned. "I don't want peace."

His brother shrugged. "Consider it opposite day."

"Stefan." Damon clamped his hand on his brother's shoulder, walking around him to face him. He narrowed his eyes with curiosity. "Please tell me you don't seriously think a hand shake just solved our problem."

"No, actually I think that the first chance Mason Lockwood gets, he's gonna drive a stake through your heart and then through mine." Stefan resorted sourly. "All because you took it upon yourself to try to kill him. So thank you, because we don't have enough problems." With a hard clap on Damon's shoulder, the younger Salvatore walked away.

Damon stared after him, knowing what he did to Mason had backfired to the very extreme. After a moment, he soon caught sight of the youngest Gilbert twin walking across the lawn with cans of paint in each hand. He smirked as he sauntered over to her, moving close to her ear as he whispered.

"Miss me?" Almost dropping the cans of paint, Louise gasped as she turned her head in surprise and her lips almost cullieded with Damon's cheek because of how close he was to her. She was taken back at their proximity and had to catch her breath. "Keep breathing, Louise. You need oxygen especially in combination with that racing heart of yours."