The Last Day

April 28, 2010

Sunlight dappled through the pristine windows in rough-hewn beams into the oldest Salvatore's room as Damon laid motionless on his bed. His icy blue eyes were fixated on the ceiling as his train of thought abruptly stopped to invade an incoming conversation in the living room. He narrowed his eyes acutely as he heard below, Elijah, Stefan, Louise and Elena talking among one another, probably about a plan.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

Damon heard Elijah say in his ever so polite voice. He stubbornly decided he had heard enough and wanted to make himself officially apart of the conversation that Stefan had so kindly left him out of so he hastily got up from his bed to make that thought a reality.

Downstairs in the expansive living room of the Salvatore boarding house sat Stefan, on the brown leather armchair. He was slumped forward, his elbows gently propped upon his spread apart knees, as he listened attentively to what Elijah had to say. Louise and Elena sat on the sofa, engulfed in the conversation as Stefan was.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake?" Stefan said, look from Elena to Elijah. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." He wanted to better understand what the Gilbert sisters were getting themselves into and exactly how dangerous this whole ordeal was before agreeing.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah explained as he stood before the trio, rolling his wrist as he spoke. Stefan turned to look at Elena with a brooding expression, as he watched her absently nod to the news. His eyes flickered towards Louise and he could tell by the look on her face, she was worried as well.

Damon entered through the archway of the living room, he had just to happened to be eavesdropping on the entire conversation and was fully up to par. "Then why are we letting him break the curse?" He expressed with irascibility. He could clearly see there was thick tension from Stefan upon his arrival. "We can kill him today." he went on, flickering his gaze to his younger brother. "With Bonnie." He stated receiving an instantly surprised stare from Stefan.

"Damon..." Stefan warned him in attempted to shush him when a concerned Elena interrupted, bolding retorting Damon's idea.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." She proclaimed in her friends defence, shaking her head vigorously.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon factiously responded.

"No, Damon. It's not an option." Louise riposted, tight lipped as she received Damon's angry grimace as he shook his head full of disappointment, ready to argue with her further if need be.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked enthusiastically, trying to change the subject.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah answered while passing Damon.

"The moonstone." Stefan uttered even toned.

Hearing him speak the word aloud, instantly triggered a memory from Elijah of his brother Klaus. He pictured him vividly in his mind with the moonstone in hand, a sly smile dancing across his lips, he tried to submerge the image with no luck as he began to explain. "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

Elena's brows furrowed her brows, her mouth forming an 'O' shape in slight confusion. Elena glanced over to her sister as she faintly chimed in. "And where do we fit into it?"