Memory Lane

March 4, 2010

In the midst of the busy a slightly busy Mystic Grill, Louise sat at one of the secluded tables in the corner as she read through the book she found when she visited Duke university. The past couple of days, she's been switching between reading the Petrova book and the seer one. She even took it upon herself to do some online research, though there wasn't much she could actually find that weren't myths. There were papers and notes sprawled out on the table as she tried to absorb all the information in the book.

Louise let out a heavy sigh as her hand reached for her basket of fries but only met the surface of the table. With furrowed eyebrows she looked up and immediately let out a groan when she saw Damon sat across from her with his usual smirk eating her fries.

The brunette ripped the basket from his hand before questioning in annoyance. "What do you want?"

Damon shrugged, his smirk never fading. "Oh, you know, just seeing how my best friend is doing."

"I'm trying to concentrate." Louise replied, glancing down at the book then back at him.

"Ah, right. So have you found anything interesting?"

Louise pursed her lips as she debated whether to let him know. With a smirk, she shrugged. "Perhaps."

Damon looked at her amused and moved to grabbed the book but Louise beat him to it and held it against her chest. He raised his eyebrow. "Are you five?"

"Nope. That'll be you." she said before she began gathering all the papers and notes to pack away in her bag. Louise slung the bag over her shoulder and got up.

"Where are you going?"

"I want to concentrate and I'm not in the mood to be in your presence."

"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue." Damon called and of course Louise stopped dead in her tracks and spun to face the smirking vampire.

"Why are you going?" Louise questioned. "Jenna hates you."

"Blunt honesty, ouch. Besides it was my idea." Damon told her. Louise raised an eyebrow at him in confusion so he elaborated. "Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric to tell Jenna and-"

"What are you up to, Damon?" she asked suspiciously.

He walked closer to her, leaning down to her ear and whispered. "I'm going to put some silver in Mason Lockwood and prove that he's a werewolf." he said before standing up straight again. She hated the fact that he sent shivers down her spin but she hated his look even more when he had successfully affected her.

"Silver and werewolves...seems a bit stereotypical don't you think?" Louise crossed her arms across her chest as she raised a brow at him. From what she's learnt about the supernatural world, half the things you read about or see on tv are mostly myths.

"We'll soon find out." Just then a woman came up to him and handed him a big white box. He shot her a charming smile and nodded. "Perfect. Thank you." he said and she walked away. Damon turned back his attention to Louise, who looked at the box with a questioning look. "It's a peach cobbler - a peace offering for Jenna." he answered her unspoken question.

"See you at the barbecue." Damon flashed her another one of his smirks before walking off.

Louise watched Damon leave the grill with furrowed eyebrows. After a moment, she let out a sigh before walking out the door. Looking both ways before crossing the street, she headed to her car. Upon hearing whimpering, Louise halted beside a car and turned to see Caroline behind the steering wheel, crying.