Levi 28

"I'm doing it." I declared with a tone of finality.

"Don't do it," Justin advised as he blew more air kisses towards the noticeably flustered ice cream boy who has been failing to place a scoop of ice cream on a waffle cone much to the annoyance of his customer for the last five minutes.

"I couldn't just sit here and continue to wait for nothing to happen. My ass is literally on fire," I snapped while running a hand through my hair to brush out any tangled roots impatiently.

"Calm your tits. Your little girlfriend is not going anywhere," Justin reasoned, his gaze finally resting on mine instead of his crush's ass.

Easy for him to say. "You know how I'm like. I don't like uncertainty. I need her to know the whole truth before she decides on...doing anything." I felt chills in my heart when I thought of us breaking up over my less than glorious past.

Justin stuffed a few more scoops of rocky road ice cream into his mouth to buy more time for himself before offering any appropriate yet comforting sentences to save himself from a beating. I sighed and swirled my now melted rum and raisin ice cream in slow motion, getting lost in the creamy brown swirls as they spiraled into an endless vortex languidly.

I miss Brooke terribly.

It irritated me that I couldn't throw an arm around her and took a whiff of her scent first thing in the morning to truly start my day. I hated how distant and faraway her grey eyes looked, as if I've stolen part of her soul and she was mourning for it in silence. I missed her crawling and snuggled to me sneakily to absorb my body warmth when she thought I was fast asleep. I desperately needed her to have a good night's of rest.

And I meant it in more than one way.

"I'm just not sure if you should do it. If her best friend thinks you shouldn't do it then you probably really shouldn't do it," Justin hesitated, his ice cream temporarily forgotten.

Oh, just you wait. "Guys don't know what girls thi-"

"Your phone's ringing!" Justin offered helpfully to save himself from an earful of ranting. Scowling at him, I answered the call without taking a glance at the screen.

"Hello?"

Static followed after my question. I was about to snap and end the call abruptly when a soft voice returned my greeting. "Hi. Can I come over to your place?" I could hear her taking a shuddering deep breath before continuing. "I'm ready to talk."

Justin took in my wide eyes and gave me the "I-told-you-so" look. "Told you showing up at her house unannounced is a bad idea!" I rolled my eyes at his enormous ego and stupid air of superiority. So what? Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"I'm out now; but I'll be there waiting in five," I squinted around Justin's huge frame, finding my beloved bike resting outside of the ice cream shop, waiting silently for its owner to speed herself home. "Do you want me to pick you up? I have my bike with me right now," I offered as I grabbed my helmet, all too ready to go.

"Erm...no! It's okay! I err... I might have walked myself to your house... already..." Her panicked voice trailed off towards the end and I could see her sheepish expression and flustered face with my eyes closed. I grinned wickedly. 

"Aww...that's too bad. I was hoping you can take up my ride...or perhaps you can ride me later," I purred seductively, knowing how much she loved it when I spoke low into her ear judging by the slight tremble of her shoulders and her illegal whimpers when we-