Brooke 05

I wake up to the heavy pounding of my head and the soreness from my limbs. My thoughts are clouded; as if a misty fog has decided to envelope around my brain and make itself home. My eyelids flutter, trying to adjust to the rays of bright sunlight that seep it through the cracks of the overhanging blinds. Grabbing onto a soft pillow weakly, I hoisted myself up, sitting among the littering pillows groggily.

I drag myself off the bed and go to the bathroom, a hand pushing my messy bed hair back from my tired face. I only remember Jac bringing me along to the party. I had a few fruity and amazing drinks. I talked and danced with lots of strangers. And I-

Retch and vomit into the toilet bowl. The bitter bile and remnants of alcohols burning up my throat like wildfire. With watery eyes, I retch harder for a few more times before getting up from my kneeling position and flush the disgusting mixture away. "You have to get your shit together right now, Brooke Everly," I chided myself while my reflection scowl at me, her hair sticking up, defying gravity in every way possible. I turned on the tap and splash refreshingly cold water to my flushed face and sank my face into a thick towel blissfully afterwards to dry it off. Good. I feel better already.

I caught something out of the corner of my eye. A leather jacket. I frowned. Whose is it?  I looked around to make sure I'm alone in the bathroom and pick it up hesitatingly. I gasped involuntarily. Did I have sex with a guy?! I search my mind frantically, racking my brains to find an image of a (preferably hot) guy that I had talked with yesterday night. Nothing. No one in particular really spark my interest. I exit the bathroom and search the bedroom for a used condom. No sign of it. Jesus, I'm not ready to be a mum!!!

I rush back to the bathroom and inspect the jacket more closely again. There, in gold letters that emblazon the inside of the jacket, is a name...

LEVI

A series of flashbacks rush through my mind all of an instant. Her beautiful hue of electric blue hair. Her inviting shapely lips. Her exotic emerald green eyes that gleam like a cat's. Her intoxicating smell of ripened peach and daffodils. Her warmth as her stomach pressed onto mine. 

Oh shit. 

Shit shit shit.  

Her. 

It's her. 

It's hers.

I took a shower immediately, scrubbing my own delicate skin harshly with soap, trying to wash myself off her touch. Out of nowhere, I cry. I slump to the floor as I cry out loud, letting the tears flow down my cheeks freely. Did she go all the way with me? If so why did she left me without saying a word? Why did I kiss her?

I'm only to be blamed. I shouldn't have got that drunk so easily. It's all my fault for putting myself onto the table to be feasted on strangers. I wonder to myself bitterly, did she even like me enough to kiss me back? Probably not. Who will toy you around in bed and left without a word in the next morning?

I feel a little better after taking a bath and letting my hurt and raw emotions run wild. And a little...emptier, too. I wrapped myself in a fluffy bathrobe and hug myself tightly, still feeling sad and angry with myself for exposing my body to another...girl. I shake my head, refusing to even delve deeper into the subject as my eyes start to water. A banging on the door urge me to wipe my tears quickly. 

I open the door, half hoping Levi will at least come back out of guiltiness and give me a reasonable explanation. However, my hopes are crushed when the pair of endearing bright blue eyes came into view. "Brooke!"Jac exclaims and tackles me with a giant bear hug, causing me to stagger a few steps backwards. "I'm so sooo sorry for leaving you alone in the party ohmygodohmygodohmygod are you okay dear?!"  He could have practically scream the house alarm off. 

I wince as his hug tightens unconsciously. "Jac. You're crushing my ribcage," I chocked unflatteringly. He releases me and bends down to be on eye level with me, his brilliant blue eyes peering into my grey ones concernedly. "Brooke. Are you alright? You don't look fine," he inquires. I swallow my sandpaper-dry throat and croak, "Yea, yea, I am. Just...you know. Been sleeping here since yesterday once I got completely knocked over." I shifted my eyes away from him and to the bedroom, fearing my eyes will give out anything.   

I turn to him again and try to sound upbeat and cheerful. "How about you? Got yourself a girl yesterday?"I force a smile albeit trying  a little too hard. His doubtful eyes shows me that he knows I had lied to him. Suddenly, my hands are on his neck, tearing his grey turtleneck down and I squeak like a trodden mouse. "Jac! There's a HICKEY on your neck!" I yelled, obviously mortified at the sight of the purplish bruise. 

He wiggles out of my grasp and folds his turtleneck back up again, looking embarrassed. His ears are all but burning hot. "I...got it from the girl I was with yesterday," hie Adam's apple bobs up and down uncomfortably. "Where is she now?" I ask , still shaking my head disbelievingly at his neck. His mouth opens but before he says anything, a clear voice cut through the air like a sharp knife behind him.

"Hey."