Chapter 19

"What do you think?" my mom asks and twirls around in a white wedding gown.

"Gorgeous," I say.

The dress was supposed to be picked up from the tailors while I was still at school and apparently my Mom couldn't wait to put it on.

When she disappeared she claims to have wanted to hang out with her maid of honor.

For two days.

And two nights.

Whatever.

"I haven't seen you in a dress in a while," she comments.

"Yeah, I woke up early this morning."

She doesn't know about the Sidney situation.

"You look cute," she smiles.

"Thanks," I reply.

My mom is super crazy but she can be nice too. She is my mother.

"Did you get off early?" I ask.

"Yeah, my demo was cancelled."

I mentioned before that she is a vacuum salesman.

"Do you work today?" she asks while checking herself out in the mirror.

I don't blame her. My mom is pretty hot for forty.

"Yeah. Right now actually."

"Okay, have fun," she says.

"Thanks. Do you know if Princeton is home?" I ask.

Maybe I'll take him today.

"No. He said something about getting sandwhiches?" she says.

***

"Hey, we're both at school," Jessie looks up from his phone and observes when I sit down at drama.

"Oh, yeah, we are both at this building," I say stupidly.

"How have you been?" He doesn't acknowledge my dumb use of words.

"about that... I think it's best if we both forget what happened," I tell him.

"Okay... but I don't know what that has to do with how you have been," he says.

"oh, right. I have been fine," Such. An. Idiot. "What about you?"

"Good," he says and goes to look at his phone.

"Did Prince tell you he came over yesterday?" He asks looking up.

"No," I say.

"Oh well he did," he says probably wanting to let me know so that it won't feel like betrayal.

"oh," I debated whether I was going to say "cool" but for some reason part of me is annoyed that they hung out yesterday.

Like this hormonal, primal, girl side of me that wants my brother all to myself.

***

"Oh my gosh! Whatever!" Bri yells at Quenten at lunch.

"Yeah," he smirks confirming that she actually did have a giant crush on him in 5th grade.

I giggle.

"What about you Lizzy?" Quenten asks, "any creepy crush stories for you?"

Don't even get me started.

"Yeah I have some," I say, "but the majority of my creepy crush stories are about me... creeping on others."

They laugh, "do tell."