40

I stood staring at my dress hanging up in my old room

I stood staring at my dress hanging up in my old room. Running my hands over the lace I had a million thoughts running through my mind.

"Kiddo trust your old man everything is fine Adam has sorted it" dad said putting his arm around my shoulder. "So stop stressing and come and get some breakfast"

"Pancakes?" I asked.

"Yes I have made pancakes" dad laughed walking out the room with me running past him to the kitchen.

"Do you know you are such a big kid" he laughed as I was already drowning the pancakes and bacon in maple syrup.

"So I've been told" I shrugged shoving a piece of bacon in my mouth.

"Don't ever change kiddo" he smirked messing my hair up.

"Don't plan on it" I said with a mouth full of pancakes whilst grabbing my phone.

"Hey bug. No I do not have a mouthful of pancakes in my mouth" I said quickly swallowing. Before I could say anything else dad had taken my phone off me.

"Hey" I huffed.

"Ruzek you aren't meant to be ringing" dad shook his head as he ended the call.

About an hour later I was dragged into my old room by Kim and Erin to get ready.

After slipping into my dress a couple of tears fell down my cheek as I ran my hand over the lace. The lace that once belonged to my mums wedding dress, even though she wasn't here in person she was still a part of the day.

"Oh my god you look stunning" Kim breathed as I turned around.

"My daughters all grown up" dad said chocking up as he learnt against the door frame. The girls left the room leaving me and my dad alone.

"Your mum would be so proud of you" he whispered as tears threatened to fall. "I'm so proud of you. You have overcome a lot in your years and no matter what you come out stronger than before"

"Dad don't make me cry" I whispered as I felt my eyes get watery.

"I just want to say you look stunning and to give you this. You mum would have gave it you when you got married" he whispered passing me a jewellery box.

Inside there was the most gorgeous diamond necklace. That was it the tears were falling now.

"Was it mums?" I asked running my fingers over it.

"Yeah it was, I got it her for our wedding day" he said tears also running down his cheeks.

———

"This is it kiddo you ready" dad said as he climbed into the drivers seat of my mustang.

Soon enough we pulled in a park.

"Wait I'm getting married in a park" I laughed.

"Kiddo look which park it is though" dad smiled.

Looking around I instantly recognised it. It was the park me and Adam spent a lot of our teenage years causing havoc.

"The boy did good" I whispered as dad helped me out of the car. I was so ready to see Adam. I hated that we spent the night apart last night.

"Come on then let's go get you married" dad grinned.

Soon enough the music had started. We hadn't gone traditional and chose you got me by Gavin DeGraw. I saw Adam turn around with a massive grin on his face as he saw me and also shed a few tears.

"You look so beautiful" he whispered in my ear.

"You don't look too bad yourself" I grinned.

———

"I just want to say a couple of words" my dad said as he stood up. "First of all thank you for coming today and I think we can all agree my daughter looks amazing. But these two have been through it all, best friends since kindergarten. They have given me my fair share of heart attacks with all the chaos they caused. Trust me they have had their fair share of fights over the years but they are like magnets always pulling back to each other. For quite a while I have known how they both felt for each other but were both too stubborn to admit it. But I wish you both all the happiness in the world and Ruzek you break my little girls heart you are going in the cage" dad laughed.

Next Adam stood up.

"What can I say. I cannot believe you are actually my wife now that is a dream come true. We have been partners in crime since we were little kids causing mayhem and chaos everywhere we went. We have definitely caused Hank quite a few heart attacks over the years" he laughed "but there are so many stories I could tell you but there's a lot you don't know and will never know. I think my favourite one was when we were about 15 and bored so heather decided to go against Hank and we took his car out for a joy ride. She managed to Hotwire the car and we were speeding round the streets until olinsky and platt were on patrol and pulled us over. Let's just say they were not happy. We were both dragged down to the cage and it was the first time I had seen Hank full on lose it. But heather you look so beautiful today and you have made me the happiest man on the earth today" Adam grinned as he leaned down and gave me a kiss.

For the rest of the night we spent drinking and dancing. Dad was taking Camille tonight so we didn't have to worry about her.

"What you say we ditch everyone and head home" Adam whispered in my ear.

Spinning around his eyes were full of lust whilst he bit his lip as he looked me up and down.

"I'm game" I grinned wrapping my arm round his neck.

"Come on then mrs Ruzek" he smirked as he through me over his shoulder.

"You better put me down you dork" I shouted which fell on deaf ears as he continued to carry me to the taxi.