4

Adam's view

Adam's view.

It was 10am and heather still hadn't shown up for work yet and I was getting worried. This wasn't like her. If she was going to be late she'd usually text me.

"Has anyone heard from mini Voight this morning" I asked.

I had a chorus of No's.

"Ruzek you heard from my daughter?" Hank asked his voice was full of concern.

"Not since last night" I sighed.

"Ok Ruzek and Lindsay gear up, the rest of you if you hear from heather call us" Voight said. "And do some digging on James Wesley"

I had a bad feeling.

"Ruzek you ok" Erin asked as I slipped my vest on.

"I just want to know she's safe" I sighed.

"Me too" she whispered.

———

Standing by her door I thumped the door.

"Voight you in there" I shouted.

No answer.

"Right I'm done messing" Hank sighed before shoulder barging the door taking it off the hinges.

"Chicago P.D" I shouted through the house.

"Clear" Lindsay shouted.

Walking into the living room with my gun raised I chocked back tears.

The place was smashed, there was obvious a struggle.

"Hold up guys I got blood" I shouted.

Crouching down to get a closer look, there was quite a bit of blood and also my hoodie I gave her the other night with blood splatters on.

"She was here. I bet that fucking dickhead took her" I shouted trying to control my anger.

"Step out Ruzek, take a breath compose yourself" Hank said putting his hand on my shoulder.

For once I didn't come back with a sly remark. I just stood up walking out the apartment.

Leaning against the wall I ran my hand through my hair.

This cannot be happening.

Pulling out my phone I sent a quick text.

- hey squirt you got us all worried with you not showing up this morning. Just text one of us back. Your old man is going crazy. Ruz x -

Both Erin and Hank walked out the apartment.

"Hey we will find her" Erin said to both of us.

———

"What we got" Hank said walking back into the office.

"Well you aren't going to like this boss" Kevin said. "But James Wesley ain't who we thought he was"