Chapter 73

Kuro Usagi's point of view

I didn't go back to the watch area, scared that they would worry about me. So I just went to the nearest open but secluded place and just calm myself.

I still wanted to know what kind of test I would be doing but knowing aizawa, he would probably do something crazy.

But what stuck to me was tsu's and Iida's comment about Midoriya and I.

'Do we really look like each other?' I thought as I unconsciously looked at the reflection of the pond, I guess I do?

We kind of have the same eye shape but that's all I could determine without anyone's opinion.

I spread my body out on the grass as I stared at the lovely sky, there was no clouds. Nothing to keep the sun's ray away from touching the ground.

Sometimes when I look at the sky, I feel free. I also felt jealous how one open thing could feel so free, how birds would fly over the sky and just feel the wind on them.

I slowly lifted up my arm and tried to reach for the sky.

'I was never meant to be free from this nightmare.' I sadly thought as my arm fell to my side.

I lay there for a few minutes, letting all my insecurities get to me. Finally feeling my tears flow from my eyes.

I'm still a murderer

I'm still a villain

I'm still a coward

I sobbed and brought my hands up to my face as I hid myself from the world. I fell so pathetic and weak, crying to the world about my insecurities.

A few minutes after, I stared at the sky once again. Letting my tears dry from the cool breeze.

"Kuro?" I hear a soft voice call my name, it was sho. I quickly sat up as I saw him pant while looking at me, he was a few kilometers away.

I quickly wiped my tears away and walked up to him, now having an all too familiar smile in face.

Fake

I shook my thoughts away as I stood in front of him, I saw his expression. Worry, how could he worry about someone like me?

"Hey sho! Is it my test yet?" I cheerfully said, smiling brightly for effect. He said nothing but just pulled me into a hug, squeezing ever so lightly as if he could break me.

"Please don't keep all your emotions to yourself..." He whispered and I whimpered at his words, feeling myself crying all over again.

He hugged me tighter, making me bury my head into his chest as I tightly grasped his suit, sobbing more audibly.

He whispered comforting words to me, not minding me wetting his suit with my tears.

I really don't deserve this guy, he's been nothing but perfect to me. Even when he knows that I'm hiding something, even when I'm not telling the truth.

He's been nothing but considerate to me, always taking care of me at my darkest times. I've never done anything good to him, all I do is cause trouble ever since I've met him.

My sobs turned into hiccups by now, making the two of us quiet but still in each other's arms.

"Sho?" I muttered and I felt a rumble through his chest, I let my finger trace circles on his suit.

"Why.... Why do you like me?" I hesitantly said, I was quite nervous about his answer and I don't even know why.

"Don't think I don't know the answer. I'm just trying to find the right words to explain it." He said and I sighed. I was scared for a minute there.