20.Chapter 20

Can't go home alone again
Need someone to numb the pain
You're gone and I gotta stay
High all the time
To keep you off my mind
-Habits (Stay High), Tove Lo

                Temari's POV
  Something was very, very wrong with Gina today. She was in her room, only coming out once in the morning for coffee without saying a word, according to Gaara. She didn't offer to help make breakfast and she hasn't eaten anything all day. It's four in the afternoon. Kankuro, Gaara and I sat on the couch in front of a muted t.v, listening to a song playing from Gina's room when she stayed with us. It was a slower song, laced in heartache and sorrow from a bad breakup.
  I get home, I got the munchies, binge on all my Twinkies, throw up in the tub, then I go to sleep.
  A loud thud emitted from her room making my little brothers and I  spring up and go check on her. I was the one to open the door to see Gina curled up in a ball on the floor sobbing not so quietly, dressed in a white shirt with the Leaf's symbol on the front, clutching a piece of paper to her chest. An easel was knocked over along with a painting of Sasuke as a young child with hole the size of Gina's fist through it.
  "Oh Gina."I said when I saw her, the sight of her in a fetal position truly breaking my heart.
  Gaara was the first to react, scooping her up in his arms, Gina clinging to him like a straitjacket. I picked up the easel while Kankuro turned off the music playing from the stereo. She hadn't really had an outburst of her crying from the loss of Sasuke. Usually she'd flinch at the sound of his name and her expression would go blank, nothing like this.
  "He left a letter."She said through sobs and harsh breaths.
  She withdrew from her position on Gaara and handed me the note, my little brothers hovering above my shoulder to read the letter.

  Gina,
  I'm sorry. I can't stay in this overrated village. There is nothing left for me here. I can no longer pretend I'm okay just for you. I have to get stronger to defeat Itachi. You have seem to forgotten about our clan and it's honor, completely occupied with that rat from the desert. I want to give you this opportunity to follow me. Just go to the sound, tell your name and show your sharingan to anyone you meet and they'll take you me. I love you and I know that you need me. You're getting strong and we could together take down Itachi and make him regret what he did to our clan. I'll see you soon.
  -Sasuke

  "So, what do you want to do Gina?"Kankuro asked.
  She sniffled, taking a minute to answer."I want to go after him."She paused looking at our faces, most of us completely dumbfounded at her words."But I couldn't leave you guys or everyone back in the Leaf. I'd miss you all to much."She outstretched her arms to us and we all joined in a group hug, the smell of Sasuke all over her.
  "What should we do with it?"She asked, talking about the letter.
  "We should probably take it to the Jounin counsel."Gaara suggested.
  "Yeah, they'll wanna know about this."I agreed.
  And then, we left to see the Jounin counsel.

  When we had reached the Jounin counsel doors, I barely waited for the 'come in' to open the door, revealing all of the counsel members. They looked surprised to see us practically barge in.
  "Sasuke Uchiha has left a letter."I informed, taking the letter from Gina and placing it on the table.
  Lord Masahi snatched the letter in front of him and read it out loud, a humored look in his eyes. He was the only elder who was very very rude to people who weren't of the Sand. He picked on them and somehow knew everything about everyone. He got very arrogant after he became a council member, thinking it made him superior to everyone else. Sometimes his grand daughter, Takara, didn't want to talk to him because according to her, all he talked about were politics and quizzing her on geography.
  "We should send it to the Leaf."Lord Yura recommended and everyone else agreed.
  "Should we use Takamaru?"One asked making Lord Masahi scoff.
  "It isn't that important. Takamaru is only used for emergencies."
  That is insulting to Gina in so many ways it's not even funny.
  "We'll use Kyo. He's the second fastest. We'll take care of it from here, thank you."Lord Sho said in effort to end the discussion.
  "Why send it off so fast? Like I said before, it isn't that important. All it is is Sasuke Uchiha offering Gina a chance to follow him. It isn't exactly something to bat eyes over."
  All the council members face was priceless.
  "Have you gone mad Masahi?"Yura asked. All of the jounin were utterly shocked at Lord Masahi's comment.
  "No Yura, I have not gone mad. It is you who has gone mad. The Uchiha are all arrogant. The girl probably wrote this herself. It isn't hard for someone who possesses sharingan to copy handwriting."
  My jaw fell to the floor. Does he not understand how rude that is to say right in front of the person you're talking about? Who am I kidding? It's rude to say that, regardless whether the person is in the room or not.
  I saw Gaara and Kankuro step slightly in front of her, like they were trying to protect her. Over the past month, Gina has slowly engraved herself into our family. She was a little sister to me and Kankuro. Even if she wasn't Gaara's girlfriend, she'd be like family to me.
  "Um you do know that I'm standing right here, right?"Her voice screaming exactly how offended she was.
  "Do not speak to me like that. You're forgetting I can stop you from seeing your little boyfriend."
  "Am I flinching?"She asked mockingly.
  Ha, good. Someone is finally fighting back.
  "I beg your pardon?"
  "It was a very simple observatory question. Maybe you really are going mad."Her signature Uchiha smirk draped across her lips.
  Lord Masahi opened his mouth to say something but Gaara spoke before him, his tone catching me off guard as it's been so long since I heard him speak with such a cold voice.
  "Is that all?"He asked, glaring Lord Masahi down, daring him to say another word.
  When Lord Sho nodded, we left to go back home and pack for Konoha tomorrow.