7.Chapter 7

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia

And forget all the stupid little things

-Amnesia,5 Seconds of Summer

--------------------

         Gaara's POV

  She was shivering due to having no blanket,small shorts and a crop top,the fish net shirt not helping.The wind wasn't in her favor either.It whipped around at several points in the night,those moments making her quiver more.I watched her for a few minutes reminding me about her fight.She reacted quickly,her sharingan coming to her aid.

  That last move.

  The lightning fire hurricane.That guy had no chance against it.I might not even have a chance against it.She's strong.Too strong to take head on now.Of course I could kill her in her sleep but I think it would be better to kill her with her brother.So much more blood this way.

  She would taste good Gaara,she'd taste so sweet.My mother whispered in my head,her voice echoing,sending vibrations in my body.I watched her sleeping figure,her chest rising and falling at steady rhythm.Her face contorted and she shuddered before turning around in her sleep,facing away from me.It looked like she had a bad moment in her dream.It reminded me of my fight with that weird kid with big eyebrows.

  She was hurting.

  Every time I got hurt she did too.Blood slithered from the corners of her mouth by the end of the match.She was doubled over in pain clutching her stomach,where I got kicked repeatedly,and skimming her delicate fingers over her jaw,where that kid had landed a blow.Kankuro and that Naruto guy looked at her nervously,calling over her sensei.The woman turned away from the fight,now preoccupied with her pupil.

  "You've got to help me Lady Sensei."She said in a pained voice."Make it stop."As much as she cried and pleaded,her sensei didn't know what to do.Gina asked not to interrupt the match and refused to get the medics.Naruto insisted she go to the hospital but again she said no.Another Leaf genin came over to her aid.He cradled her in his arms to comfort her a bit while she twisted and cried in pain.

  Then,just as my body made contact with the ground with a hard force,Gina let out a loud cry.Almost everyone left in the arena turned toward the screaming girl.She clutched onto the genin's neck,only one tear escaping her eye.She hid her face in his chest and cried silently.The boy I was fighting laid on the ground,motionless.His right limbs crushed,I went in for the kill.His damn sensei had to stop it.And those genin rushed down to help the unconscious boy.Naruto charged at me,surprisingly fast.

  And then.

  She was there.

  Gina,who was wailing in agony just seconds ago,was now in front of me,sending a leaf hurricane to Naruto's stomach.He was sent flying across the area to the other wall.Everyone looked at her wide eyed,even I did.I just couldn't believe it.Someone actually tried to protect me despite the suffering she had just been through,and she knew my sand would come to my defense.I wish I could forget that moment,and the feeling that erupted in my stomach.It felt so close to bloodlust,only lighter.

  Forget about that vulnerable moment.Kill,I must kill.

  "May I ask what you're doing here?"A deep monotone voice asked.Without moving my eyes,I peered at the black haired man standing next to Gina.He looked much like the sleeping kunoichi.

  Must be her older brother.

  He picked her up in his arms."I'm going to ask once more.What are you doing here,watching my baby sister sleep?"His voice grew colder like mine.Still,I said nothing.I kept my gaze on the trees.He inspected her probably for scratches or bruises.She stirred and flutter her eyes open.Her brother set her down so she could stand on her own.

  "Gina,who is this?"he asked.

  Her eyes popped a bit when she saw me."Oh Gaara,he's just a friend.Don't worry he's cool he's just...not very responsive this morning."She gave me a pleaded look,begging for me to go along with her story."Is there something wrong Gaara?"

  "Thinking.About the preliminaries."I said and left.

  I returned to the house just as Kankuro emerged from the kitchen,his previously cheerful expression faltering as he spotted me returning.

  "Where have you been,Gaara?"He asked me,trying to sound threatening.He was beginning to piss me off already and it wasn't even nine in the morning yet.

  "Will you two calm down?"Baki begged,knowing this could be going nowhere good.

  "Shut up,Kankuro... or I'll kill you."I threatened,staring at him head on.He broke my gaze first and went to sit by Temari.

  Baki waited for the tension in the room to dissipate and then launched into a detailed description of the plan to invade the Leaf Village.Momentarily,I found myself wondering if Gina would survive this.My body grew cold at the thought of her dying at someone else's hands.It will be me who kills her if anyone is going to.I thought to myself,the image of her body returning to my mind.

  "I get the Uchiha's." I declared,interrupting Baki's detailed description of the terrain around the Leaf Village as he poured over maps.This was one of the very few times I volunteered anything and so,everyone's eyes flickered to me.

  "What?" Temari asked.

  "Sasuke and Gina Uchiha are mine.I'll kill Sasuke during my battle match and then when the invasion starts,I will be the one to kill his twin sister.No one else will touch her.Her blood is mine."I told them simply.

  Temari looked shocked."It won't come to that,will it,Baki Sensei?We were with Gina yesterday.Gaara,we were with Gina yesterday!You can't just kill everyone you feel like!"She exclaimed,thinking of her friend.

  "You cannot kill Sasuke Uchiha,because Orochimaru wants him.And when it comes down to it,he'll probably want Gina for leverage in case Sasuke gets out of line."

  "Isn't Gina the more powerful one?Why doesn't he just go after her?" Kankuro asked.

  "I'm not supposed to tell you as much as this.However,you three,especially Gaara,are essential to the plan.Sasuke's heart is a lot darker,a lot more intent on revenge than Gina's.Gina has no immediate wish for power and has built up much closer ties to people in the Hidden Leaf Village than Sasuke has.It simply makes more sense to take Sasuke.He's still an Uchiha and he's still immensely powerful.Orochimaru is probably hoping if he takes Sasuke that Gina will follow and eventually join him.As she's as powerful as she is,however,she'll need restraining by someone much more powerful.So,Gaara,I give you full permission to take her as your kill."Baki confirmed,nodding at me.

  "But she's so nice."Temari whispered,more to herself than us.

  Baki's hand suddenly slammed down on the table."This is no time to go soft on us,Temari!This could be war.We're under orders.As nice as she may be when you're allies,she is an Uchiha!If you become her enemy,she will not hesitate to kill you and if so,the only one of you who would survive is Gaara!"

  Somewhere deep inside I felt pity for Gina.She was going to have to watch her village and friends die.There was no way she'd be protecting me after the chunin exams,nor will she survive.