5.Chapter 5

But you'll always be my hero,

even thought you've lost your mind.

Love The Way You Lie Part II,Rihanna

--------------------

  Our plan to hit the hot springs was shattered.Hinata was in critical condition because of Neji,Baki said Temari needs to rest up and wouldn't allow her to go.It wouldn't have been the same with just me,Sakura,Ino and Tenten.Surprisingly Sakura and Ino were brought together a bit since their match.Sasuke was in the hospital and the clerk at the front desk said I couldn't visit him.

  Lee was in the hospital too.His fight with Gaara broke his right leg and he has several fractures in his right arm.He also had several torn vital muscle tendeds in his leg.Although I knew Gaara would be fine,I felt the urge again.Like I couldn't let him get hurt.Up until that fight Gaara's sand was impenetrable,he didn't need any other protection.But now,for some reason,I feel like it's my duty to protect him.Also everytime Gaara would get hurt,I felt pain where he had gotten hit.I wasn't bleeding but it hurt.When Lee had punched Gaara straight in his face,I felt a real stinging sensation as if Lee had striked me in the face.Actually,but the end of the match I was wallowing in pain and crying into Shikamaru's chest.

  It's weird.

  It took longer to walk home.I went the short way by the river but I was just walking slow.I felt a presence.Someone was following me.I checked behind me.No one was there.Honestly,I didn't expect anyone to be there but better safe then sorry.As I walked further,the feeling of being watched never evaded.I checked behind me again.Nothing.

  Stop worrying so much Gina.

  I turned back around to see a tall man with black hair and possesses the same eyes I have.Itachi.I froze.

  Why is he here?What's he doing out in the open?Is he crazy?

  "Are you not happy to see me?"He asked in a monotone.

  "Are you kidding?"I asked."No I am not happy to see you Itachi."His face hardened and eyes went blank.

  Wow is that his face when his feelings are hurt?I engulfed him in a huge bear hug.The faint smell of spices and pine wood behind the powerful scent of Versace cologne nearly masking it.It reminded me a bit of home,before it happened."I delighted to see you."My words coming out muffled since my face was stuffed in his chest as we squeezed each other til our bones broke.

  "Gina,what happened to your old house?"He asked when we pulled apart.

  "I'll tell you when we get home.I don't want anyone to see you."He pulled a fake hurt face."Oh don't even try me Itachi you know exactly what I mean when I say that!"I said in a somewhat loud whisper.

         Itachi's POV

  I was surprised.She didn't show fear or hesitation.Did she realize what she would have to do?

  "Really?You're gonna teach me how to use the Mangekyō Sharingan!?"A big smile appeared on her face.

  Gina,you do realize that you need to kill Kiyoko right?"She froze for a second,then replaced by a look of confusion.

  "I already kinda did."She said purposely not making eye contact.

  "When?"Kiyoko was always Gina's childhood friend.She was two years younger then Gina but was very mature for her age.Amaya- my best friend as a child-found Kiyoko when she was a baby.According to Amaya,Kiyoko was trying to sleep in the cold windy night,in a cardboard box just outside the village.The last time I saw her,Kiyoko had medium brown hair and eyes to match.She loved the color pink and everything flowers.

  "Well you heard about what happened,right?After the second time you left?"She asked while chewing on her baby pink bottom lip.I nodded,remembering the conversation two men were having in a sweet dumpling shop in the Land of Rice Patties."She was killed in that fire."

  An still silence filled the air until Gina's stomach growled.

  "I haven't eaten a real dinner since the first part of the exams like 6 days ago."She winced."It burns."Her hands came to her neck,caressing it for a second then running her fingers over her throat.She handed me the remote to her t.v (I know t.v doesn't really exist in the Naruto world but hey it's my story :p).

  She got up and disappeared behind the kitchen wall."Itachi do you want anything?"In all honestly I was quite hungry,but I decided to just not have anything.

  "No thank you."I turned on the t.v and flipped through some channels,finally choosing a movie called 'Beastly'.

  "Oh come on Itachi.I know you're hungry.I've got some egg drop soup."She said before emerging from the kitchen with two steaming bowls of soup.She set them down on the table.

  "Gina I came here for other reasons then the Mangekyō Sharingan.I want to train you for other things."She tore her eyes from the t.v and looked at me with a puzzled face.

  "Like what?"She asked.

  "Well I was thinking maybe another chakra element,like water or wind.And maybe I could teach you summonings like mom."

  "Wasn't mom a cat sage?And isn't going to take a while just to master the Mangekyō Sharingan?"

  "Yes she was, and she wanted you to be.Or at least, one of us.Mom said you'd be the best one to take the name as cat sage because well for one,your a female,second because you have the sharpest eyes."She tensed at the last part.

  "How do I have the sharpest eyes?Clearly yours are sharper and stronger then mine."

  "You might not know it Gina,but even if you don't posses the same I eyes I do; your eyes are even stronger.Since you were about 5,you've been using the Sharingan and you didn't even know it.You started out with two commas instead of one.That's why you were with me in those meetings,and why I came to you first about that night.If you obtain the Mangekyō Sharingan your powers will possibly exceed Madara's and you may be able to achieve the Rinnegan."I was being honest.She really could take her sharingan to that level and see things even the Byakugan can't spot.I'm going to have a lot of fun teaching her for the chunin exams, and then seeing Sasuke's reaction to her power.