3.Chapter 3

I came to win,

To fight

To conquer,

To thrive

-Fly,Rihanna ft Nicki Minaj

--------------------

  The 2nd phase of the chunin exams were kinda...scary looking.Standing outside the gates looking at the big trees that towered over you.There would be tons of dangerous animals and plants inside.Anko explained the rules and they seemed pretty easy.Don't open the scrolls.Be at the tower within five day with both scrolls and all three teammates.Anything goes,and don't die.I gulped.Oh boy.

  I grabbed a form for me and went off to sit on a bench and fill it out.Not much later Hinata came and sat next to me.I asked about how she felt about the chunin exams.She said she was kinda scared but she didn't want to let Kiba and Shino down.I told her about how Tokito acted like he wasn't ready either.But I told her she could handle it and if she doesn't become chunin she will next time.

  I bid her a good luck and headed to the table to get my team's scroll.I wanted to check and make sure I filled everything out correctly so I took a quick look down.Bad mistake.The split second I look down,I run into someone.My papers scattered across the ground and the other person's scroll rolled to a near by tree.

  "I'm so sorry!I-I wasn't looking where I was going it's totally my fault!I'm really sorry!"I babbled and laughed nervously.I got up to my feet and saw it was.Gaara.Just my luck.I offered my hand to help him up but he stood up himself.I walked over to pick up his scroll.It was an Earth scroll.I mentally noted that.I said sorry one last time and handed him his scroll.He didn't make eye contact until he peered at me while walking away.It didnt't scare me but I felt like a loser.I can't believe I ran into Gaara.Literally.I bet he wants to kill me now!I looked at my papers displayed on the grass.I sighed and knelt to pick them up.

  "Do you want some help?"I looked up and saw Gaara's sister kneeling next to me.She was grabbing a couple of them and handed them to me.I smiled at her.

  "Thanks.You're Gaara's sister right?"I asked.

  "Yeah I remember you.Gina right?Gina Uchiha?"

  "Yep but I don't think I ever learned your name."I think it started with a 't' but I wasn't completely sure.

  "It's..."

  "Temari!Come on!"I turned around and saw Kankuro and Gaara standing by a gate.She rolled her eyes,said goodbye and walked off to meet her brothers.

  I scrambled to get my papers in order and handed the official my papers with Daichi and Tokito.We had gotten a heaven scroll.We went to gate 27 next to Squad 7.I looked at Sasuke and put my thumb up.He gave me a small smile as the gates opened.We flew inside.The three of us ready for anything in our way.We stopped as we met a squad from the hidden grass.They threw some umbrellas up in the air and imminently Tokito surrounded us with dirt.He was and Earth style user.

  "Good try punks now lets see you try to dodge this!"The tall one yelled.Before he could even make hand signs,I cast a genjustu on him.I put them through hell.They were on their knees being stabbed one by one with kunais until they looked like a hedgehog.I could be cruel and wicked to win.It's was I was here for.Daichi easily killed them with his wind sword and snatched their scroll."What are the odds.They had an Earth scroll."He said.This is how our team worked best.Tokito to defend,me to distract and Daichi to kill them off.I smirked and we jumped up to the trees.Jumping from one to the other.

  "Hey you guys,we should stop and grab some water."Tokito said.We all stopped one a tree branch.

  "But Tokito if we keep going we can get to the tower by night.Why stop now?"Daichi said.

  I spoke up then."Tokito's right.We should grab some water and eat before we keep going.We never know what'll happen and I like to fight when my stomach is full."They both looked at me,nodded and headed to find a river.

  I didn't take long to find a river.We filled our canteens with fresh water."Okay so how are we gonna catch the fish?"Daichi questioned.

  "Gina can use her sharingan to get the fish's movement.Then you can go in the river to get them to jump up out of the water.I'll hit them with the kunai to that tree and start a fire to cook them."Tokito explained.I knew Daichi wouldn't want to go in the river so,I activated my sharingan and spotted three fish.I snatched all three by the tail.

  "Or I can catch the fish and make the fire while you get sticks."I said and smiled.They both set off to find some stick and  I killed the three fish.I wasn't a huge fan of it,actually I cringed when I realized I had to eat it but I would to survive.They both came back with little sticks for the fire and long ones for the fish.

  I hate fish.

  We weren't the first to get to the building.The sand siblings were here and so were Hinata's squad.Us three girls started talking and hanging out together.As more people arrived Ino and Tenten hung out with us too.We would make jokes and watch movies in the room with the t.v.It wasn't until The fourth night that Sasuke's team finally came.Originally I was going to hug him and tell him I was worried,but he made a b-line to the bathroom.Something bad must've happened because he locked the door.Never once have I seen him lock the door just because he had to pee real bad.Actually he would accidentally leave the door open a bit.Naruto went straight to the fridge.I giggled watching him gobble down miso soup and chicken gizzards that I'd made for everyone.

  That night when everyone went to bed I snuck up to the roof.Gaara was there.Sitting on the top starring of into space.I sat next to him in the silence.Finally I decided to brake it.

  "Gaara why don't you ever sleep?"He didn't answer me.Nor did he move at all.His eyes were on the moon,as if he were studying it.His skin was a milky white and his hair was more vibrant in this light.It swayed in the light breeze that blew.I had no idea why I was so drawn to him.Why he has sparked my interest so much.I felt an urge to be by his side since the day I saw him.

  We sat in silence for a while.Him and Sasuke had the same look in his eyes.Full of hate and hunger for power.It almost saddened me to think Gaara was like Sasuke.Gaara and his siblings weren't exactly fond of each other,as anyone with eyes could see,but I wondered if he had any real friends.It felt like hours passed.

  "Are you ever going to answer me?"I asked. turning to face him.

  "It shouldn't be to your concern."He answered in a monotone.I got the icy chill down my back again.Goosebumps rose from my pale skin.

  "It wasn't a question in concern,it was a question in curiosity.Is it because of Shukaku?"He visibly flinched at the mention of him.I thought maybe he'd kill me now.But to my surprise, he didn't.

  "Yes."

  "Why?Naruto can sleep and he has the 9 tails sealed inside him."

  "Who's Naruto?"

  "That annoying blonde kid you saw.Remember?He was all like 'I bet you wanna know who I am!'."He nodded slightly.

  "Why are you out here?"He asked.Through this whole conversation,he never looked at me.Not even a split second of eye contact."

  "It shouldn't be to your concern."

  "Get away from me.Your a pest."His words were hard like steel.

  "Just trying to make friends"I said as I stood up.I'm not even sure if he could tense up anymore,but it looked like he did.

  "You don't want to be friends with me.I'll kill you."He snapped harshly.

  "Okay.Well you can't complain if you don't let anyone in."With that I jumped down to the balcony and into the room with bed mats.

  I was feeling a little mischievous and decided to make Naruto my victim.I remember he had once told me he told Hinata was pretty but shy and weird.While grabbing a dark blue marker, I thought of the perfect thing to say.I had to suppress a giggle.

  "I <3 Hinata."