15.Chapter 15

Got my favorite pj's on
Times like this don't always come along
-Me And My Girls, Fifth Harmony

                Gina's POV
  When the song ended, a massive round of applause erupted in the ballroom. We panted, out of breath from dancing. He held me close, his arm tightly around my waist, no space between our bodies. I looked into his eyes to see a look of admiration stained on them.
  I withdrew from our stance,seeing all the people clapping for us. A bright smile appeared on my face as I sheepishly looked at the ground. We walked back to our table, smirks on everyone's face.
  "When did you learn to do that?"Kankuro asked once we had both sat down, my back instantly straightening out.
  "Oh, I've been dancing since I was about four, maybe five."I answered.
  "Did it hurt to have your leg straight up like that?"Temari question eagerly.
  "Not really. It's more of a pins and needles feeling if you hold it for a while, but you get used to it."I replied. So many question flew at me.
  I turned to Gaara who already had his eyes on me."When did you learn to dance?"I asked Gaara. He didn't answer me, just shrugging the question off.
  As the night ascended, we said our goodbye's to the council members, thanked them for the wonderful evening and walked home.
  "Man I'm not even tired!"Naruto said, giddy as ever.
  "Speak for yourself."Shikamaru countered.
  "You're just lazy."I teased. I felt excitement at Naruto's words. Watching movies while being sprawled out on the couch, stuffed under comforters, eating junk food and drinking soda until we pass out on the living room floor.
  "That actually does sound fun."Kankuro agreed.
  Kankuro and Naruto submerged in a conversations of movies to watch. Most of them were horror and comedy.
  The Purdge, Saw, That Awkward Moment, The Grudge, 22 Jump Street, Tammy. We'll be up for a while.
  As soon as we arrived at the house, both guys sprinted up the stairs to the t.v, where hundreds of stacked movies laid in the t.v stand. I slipped my heels off, relived as the pain subsided a little from being confined. I winced slightly as I walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge for water.
  Should I ask first? I thought about what Temari might say if I did ask and decided to just grab a bottle. I felt the presence of someone else, already knowing who it was by the silence. I turned and confirmed my inquiry of Gaara being in the kitchen.
  "Gina."He whispered once he walked up close to me.
  "Gaara."I murmured again, like we had done earlier in the evening.
  Our faces inched closer to each other until our lips finally met, in a slow, loving kiss. They were soft, warm and gentle as they caressed mine. I stood on my toes slightly to reach him. I tangled fingers in his crimson hair after my left arm draped around his neck, my right hand shaped to his neck, which seemed to make him kiss me a little harder. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me until our bodies pressed lightly against each other. I felt his hot tongue glide across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Happily, I granted it, my mouth parting slightly to allow his tongue to dominate me, to explore my mouth.
  We broke apart for air. My eyes fell on the refrigerator, a picture of Gaara as a child held up by a circular magnet.
  I fell in love with the picture of little Gaara with the same luminous beam I had shown him earlier. He had a faint blush on his cheeks, no kanji on his forehead and his eyes were much bluer.
  "Gaara?"I looked back into his eyes again."Have you realized you're eyes are much bluer when you're happier?"I withdrew from our position and gingerly took the picture off the fridge.
  "See, when I first saw you, your eyes were much greener. Like a pale sea foam green. And they would stay like that until you killed someone, they would flicker a blue-ish color, like they are now. They're a soft teal kind of color."My own eyes flickered from the Gaara in front of me to the picture, then at the memory of when I first saw him.
  "You remember all that?"I felt my cheeks flush at his words."How did you even notice something like that?"
  I thought about it before answering."The same way I noticed the black markings around your eyes are uneven."He brought his hand up to his eye feeling around them for something that wasn't there.
  "Gina, That Awkward Moment or 22 Jump Street?!"Temari shouted from upstairs. I turned slightly away from Gaara so I wouldn't yell in his face.
  "Who cares?Both have hot guys!"I heard Temari slap someothing and say 'I told you so'.
  I kissed Gaara again, letting my lips linger before Naruto called for Gaara's opinion on scary movies.

          Gaara's POV
  It didn't take long for most to fall asleep. After we watched the second movie, Saw, most Temari fell asleep on Gina's chest while Gina stroked the top of her head with her dainty fingers in a motherly way. Kankuro had just fallen asleep in the middle of The Purdge. The only people awake were Gina and I.
  "Gaara."She whispered from the floor where her and my sister lay. I looked at her."Can you change it?"
  "What to?"I asked her, putting the DVD back in the case.
  "Surprise me."I put in a movie I quite liked and pressed play. It was interesting and a little amusing for Gina.
  "Is this Now You See Me?"I nodded."I love this movie."She said, smiling.
  Gently, she wiggled her way out from under Temari who was strewn across her. She placed a pillow under Temari's head, careful not to wake her. She hopped on to the couch next to me.
  "So Gaara, that thing I had to tell you, it's really important."She said biting her lip, something she only did when she was nervous."Just hear me out."She took a long breath before starting again."Okay, so, with every jinchūriki, there is a person who is named a protector to well, protect that host. Erm, that means nine of them were named but only four are left in the world. That's, um, why in the preliminaries, I was in pain because I wasn't protecting you. And um, why I appeared in front of you when Naruto tried to hurt you."She paused to gather her thoughts."Every pain inflicted on you, is forced upon me ten times worse, because I'm not doing what my purpose is. I do get some of Shukaku's power when I need it. He'll also try and take over me if I get mad and I..."Her eyes drooped heavily as she became sleepy and practically face-planted into my lap. I shifted her so she faced away from me and was more comfortable.
  She is right. A voice said within me. Shukaku.
  Why? Why was she made the person to protect me?
 Fate has chosen her.
  If she wasn't on my lap, I'd leave and be alone in my special room where no one is allowed. Thankfully the remote was next to me, so I could change to regular t.v when the movie ended.
  Why don't you leave her? Do you fancy her? You fancy the little chunin?"
  His voice echoed in my head, dripping in poison. Did I like her? What did it mean to like someone?
  Of course you like her. Look how weak you become because of her. You let it happen.
  I looked at her angelic face that now faced me. Her features soften like they did when we danced. Before she changed into an over sized t-shirt and yoga pants, she carefully wiped all her makeup off. Her skin was soft and even more luminescent in the moonlight that shown through the curtain.
  She fancies you.