Chapter 26

................

"Nic?" Why was Nic here? 

"Yeah hey Bree, what are you doing here?" She smiled.

I should be asking her the same thing.

"Nothing just came to talk to Branden, what about you?" I smile uncomfortably.

...."Oh...just visiting" She smirked. "Come in" She had on the tightest bike shorts I've ever seen and a crop top....why idk.

She stepped aside and I walked into the nice, quiet house where the only noise came from the tv. It felt so warm and the smell of citrus and fresh linen made me feel right at home. We walked to the couch and sat down. 

"So where's Branden?" I asked pulling out my phone so I wouldn't have to look at her.

"He went out to get some things!" 

"Do you know when he'll be back"

"Nope, but do you want some water or something!" She asked heading towards the kitchen. She's comfortable as hell for somebody that has only been here once.

"Uh no I gotta go" I got up and walked out before she could question me. I got in my car, and just drove. I drove to the last place we were together. I parked my car, grabbed my things and walked towards the water. It was silent, the only thing I could hear was the sound of the snow crunching under my boots. My phone vibrated in my pocket..it was a text from Nic.

"Where did you go??"

I turned my phone off. I finally made it to the rocks. I sat down and balled up. I watched the ice float on top of the water, it was so calm. The birds sat on top of the ice huddled trying to keep warm. I closed my eyes and a tear fell. I laid my head on my knees and let the rest fall. I wasn't mad at Nic or Branden. I was mad at myself. I was more sad now than I've ever been about somebody making fun of me. I feel stupid, I ended a perfect relationship because I thought what if. And I would never go back to Tristan because he deserves better than me. I would never wanna treat him like he was my backup.

The wind picked up and my hat blew off of my head. I ran after it but someone picked it up.

"Thank you" I said looking down so they wouldn't see my eyes

"Bree?"

I looked up. It was Branden.

"How have you been I haven't seen you since..the party?" He slowly stuck his hands in his pocket. I smirked at his nervousness but quickly remembered earlier.

"yeah I gotta go" I said turning to walk away but he grabbed me

"Wait talk to me!"

..............'Why are you here?" I asked

"I come here to think sometimes... have you been crying?!!!" He placed his hand on my face and I shuddered

I closed my eyes and cursed myself out for forgetting about my red, puffy eyes.

"i gotta go" I said walking away until he stopped me.

" Wait why are you here, crying?"

"You know how beautiful this beach is to me, I needed to clear my head" Just talking to him and having him stare at me was making me cave but I fought it.

"From what.....did that boy do something?!!" His face tensed up.

"no.....but I stopped by your house...." I looked up at him and his face softened and he looked started to look annoyed.

I paused for a minute "why is Nic there?"

He sighed before speaking. "She got into a big fight with her mom and my mom was out of town so she asked if she could stay the night. I asked her why didn't she ask you and she said she didn't wanna bother you, so I said yeah. She got there and she was on stuff, I won't lie she was trying to get me but I know what I want and she's not it. So I let her sleep in my bed and I slept on the couch. I left out early this morning and tried to stay out hoping she would leave out on her own."

"That's not the way she made it seem" I believed him but then I didn't and I knew how Nic was, if she wanted something she got it...especially with boys.

"Trust me, nothing happened at all!!" He walked up and held my face in his hands

"I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you too much."

He squinted and begin to smirk. "Why were you at my house anyways?" He stepped back and folded his arms.

"Ummm....i was coming to tell you I made a decision....and I want you too." I whispered softly.

He smiled "Well im hap..."

Before he could finish I pressed my lips against his and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me so close it felt like we were one. His hands roamed my body and he grabbed the back of my thighs and picked me up .... :/. I've never been picked up, it's nice because I didn't know I could be just swept off my feet like that but it's uncomfortable because I know I'm heavy.

"Omg Branden please put me down." I winced

"Why?!" 

"because i know im heavy and i don't want you picking me up....I don't wanna hurt you." I sadly smiled.

He stopped and slowly lowered me down but stopped me.

"Stop, you WON'T hurt me and you're not heavy to me. I love and cherish all of you no need to think otherwise. I've liked you all this time for a reason and weight was never, or will ever be an issue."

"thank you but I don't wanna talk about this right now ok"

"Well later then but were talking..."

I hate conversations about my weight because I don't like when people tell me they appreciate me because I know I don't appreciate myself. And it just makes me feel worse about myself.

Branden kissed my forehead and pulled me back to the rocks. We sat, I sunk into him and we talked for the rest of the day.

Do you think Branden and/or Nic is lying and should Bree trust him and/or her?!! Lol......is anybody #TeamBranden yet lol?! This chapter is short and boring but it's been so long I couldn't let a whole month almost pass and not post anything, people that vote, comment and just read period deserve better lol #overdramatic. But anyways I MISSED Y'ALL!!!! School is so irritating but it's whatever, I can't wait until this week is over so I can go in on my book lol!! MY BOOK MADE IT TO 21K+ READS SO THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING, READING, AND VOTING SO CONTINUE PLEASE AND I LOVE Y'ALL!