Chapter 26: Enemy From the Past

Elena's POV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We haven't heard anything from the trio that left us a day and a half ago, I have tried calling and texting Stefan, and even in desperation: Katherine. But no answer. Bonnie tracked them to make sure they were in an okay part of the quarter, and that came out positive. Unlike me, who is an utter trainwreck it seems. I am starting to lose sense of reality more and more every day, and it's getting to be overwhelming. I feel awful for putting Damon  and Bonnie through the hassle of dealing with me when I've lost touch. If only they knew how lucky I am to have them.

After Damon confessed to me how much he wanted to share the experience of blood lust with me, it's all I can think about. I've been suffocating my urges for human blood and it is having negative affects on me. Whatever has caused me to be "ill" doesn't like that I am not quenching it's thirst. That little monster inside me, wanting to tear me from the inside out... I smirk at this thought, even though, it's a very dark thought. These thoughts have become second nature to me as of late.

Bonnie cuts into my deep concentration of what most would call insanity when she walks into Damon and I's bedroom.

She pulls up a chair next to me next to the desk I am sitting at. I take my gaze away from the window and turn to her.

"I just checked on the status of where they are at. They will be here anytime." Bonnie says.

"I also did some research on our current issue, I found a possible solution."

I sit forward relieved  she found an answer.

She continues, "Well...."

She turns and looks at the door realizing she hears footsteps coming up the stairs; in walks Stefan, Caroline, and Katherine. Along with Damon who has a look of bewilderment on his face.

He starts towards me, "This should be interesting..." he murmurs.

I stand up, putting my hand on Damon's shoulder, I look at Stefan, Caroline, and Katherine confused.

"W-what should be interesting....?

And as I  part my lips to further question what is going on, my vampy gift of heightened sense of hearing hones in on another set of footsteps...

Each one of us turn to look at the doorway, and..........

in walks Rebekah..