Chapter 6: White lies

I snap out of my haze, I blink a few times and look around the room. Klaus is gone. Disappeared in a flash.

I look to my right to see Stefan standing beside me waiting for me to look at him.

"Elena, what are you doing? I didn't expect to come home to see you dancing with the devil."

I'm not in a good mood suddenly, all I wanted was a taste. Just to calm myself. I sarcastically turn and say, " Klaus or the blood?"

Stefan pauses and looks down at his feet, "Both" he says.

"Look, Stefan, I'm fine Klaus just caught me at a bad moment. I don't think he meant to taunt me or anything, he probably figured I was fine with it. Able to control it."

He looks up suddenly, "control what? Elena are you having urges to drink human blood?"

I walk past Stefan to sit down next to the fire, he follows and sits next to me. "No, Stefan. I lie. It's just... with the move and everything I've just been under a lot of stress. It's a big change, and I've just been trying to get used to it all."

Stefan wraps his arm around me, "If you need to talk, I'm here. Don't go drinking blood and getting yourself into trouble, we both know you wouldn't be able to handle it."

I give him a reassuring smile and nod. Just then Damon walks into the room. Stefan awkwardly lowers his arm off and I get up to greet Damon.

Damon looks at Stefan, " Don't try stealing her away from me, just because I'm not here."

Stefan laughs, "No worries, brother." Damon smirks and turns his attention toward me.

"How was your day?" I ask, trying to get the spotlight off me and how my day has turned into a world of darkness.

He walks up to me kissing me on the lips making his point that he missed me. "It was alright, explored the city a little bit. I have a few places picked out that I want to take you too." I smile at him.

"Before you ask, my day was pretty uneventful. Caroline and I just hung out." I said.

"Hmm, looks like we'll have to get you out and have some fun." Damon does that cute little eye thing. He walks out of the room for a moment.

Stefan says from behind me, "You aren't going to tell him about your little mishap today?"

I turn to Stefan, annoyed, "There's no reason to bring it up, I told you, it was a moment of weakness.. I wasn't actually going to drink the blood. So I would appreciate it if we just forgot about it. I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about, and I don't need looking after twenty four seven."

Stefan nods, I'm not sure if he believes me or not, but I'm just not in the mood. I walk out of the room, to go and find Damon. Who happens to be waiting for me in our room.

I shut the door, needing a break from everyone, except Damon. I need a distraction to break away from my thoughts for awhile. I turn, and see Damon laying down waiting for me to join him. I walk over to him and lay my head on his chest.

" I need this right now" I whisper.

He smiles, and says "I always want this, Elena. I love you."

I lay there for a moment, wishing I knew who "you" was anymore. I'm not sure I even know who I am anymore.