Chapter 20: Waking the Demon

We all stop dead in our tracks, in our thoughts, and in any sny comments we had to make to each other and/or punches needed to be thrown. I glance over at Klaus, smiling at the thought of Damon letting him have it. What Elena had done may have been wrong, but she was fighting numerous battles, she was in a weak place.. and who knows, it may have been whatever is encompassing her, which seems to be pure evil in every sense.

My thoughts are interuppted by Damon taking a slow step forward, trepidation written all over his facial expressions. He takes a few more steps as slowly and as quietly as he can, until eventually he crouches down beside her anticipating for more movement........

Elena's POV

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I begin to drift back into consciousness, I can feel the cool air surrounding me and I realize I'm laying on the ground, but why? And how? My eye lids slowly start to try and part from each other, I can sense already that I am very weak. As I am opening my eyes there is a figure hovering over me... everything is a blur and I can't make out the face. I lay there a moment waiting for my vision to come into focus.

"Damon?" I ask, my voice hardly a whisper and very raspy.

"Elena?" he replies.

I start to try and sit up, my head pounding and my body aching. I hold my head as I sit up feeling very dizzy and disoriented.

Damon reluctantly rests his hand behind my back giving me just the support I need. It is then that it occurs to me that it isn't just Damon and I out here in the middle of the woods. (Why am I out here? I think to myself.)

I look to my left, seeing Stefan, Caroline, Bonnie, and Klaus all looking at me as if they are waiting for something bad to happen. I look back to Damon who looks angry and hurt, also as if he is waiting for whatever it is the rest are waiting for.

I begin to stand up leaning against a tree for support since it seems that Damon doesn't even want to look at me.

"Why do you all keep looking at me as if I'm going to do a magic trick or something?" I inquire.

Damon is the first to respond, "As if you don't know, maybe you should ask your new found lover over here, I'm sure he would be glad to answer all of your questions." he looks over at Klaus, as if he wants to rip him to shreds. But being an origanal that isn't an option.

"Woah woah woah... WAIT, WHAT?" I ask, offended.

Damon narrows his eyes at me, shaking his head he whispers, "Elena, don't do this. Don't play dumb, it only hurts more if you do that. I know, okay? There isn't anything to hide. I know about you and Klaus......" he looks away from me.

I put my hands on either side of his face and force him to look at me.. "Damon, I have no idea what you are talkiing about, you are implying that I had some sort of affectionate involvement with Klaus when we all know that would never happen."

Stefan cuts in, "Wait a second, Elena. Do you remember what just happened? Or why Katherine is lying over there with a vervain needle stuck in her?"

I shake my head, confused beyond words.

"Guys, what's going on? What are you talking about?"

Stefan pulls Damon, Caroline, and Bonnie aside. Excluding Klaus and I from the little meeting of the minds......

Stefan's POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been observing this entire situation ever since Elena woke up, I could overhear what Damon and Elena were talking about which leads me to have this conclusion:

"Guys, Elena doesn't have any recollection of what's been going on, not just with what has just happened but with her and Klaus, I'm not sure if she knows about the trail of dead bodies she's left behind either. And it seems that her switch isn't off now, when before when I saw her, her switch was off...."

Damon rolls his eyes, as he is taking this all in.

Bonnie cuts in, "I've been putting the pieces together.... and it's not good, not everything is clear but I have a few theories at least...."

We all look at her waiting for her to go on.

"There is a reason why I couldn't track you guys, there is something dark shadowing over my tracking spells... and at first I thought it was just this area, but then I realized that I couldn't track Stefan either in which I should have been able too......... I realize now that, it isn't this area.. It's Elena. And anything near or around her when she isn't herself can't be tracked either....

There is a reason why she can't remember what has been happening.......

Elena is possessed by something... something much more dark and evil then we can even imagine.....

and until whatever it is, is stopped.....

We are all in danger........."