Chapter 8: Hot Seat

Bonnie's mouth dropped, she walked into the living room and sat down in front of the fire. Damon and Stefan followed.

Damon turned to Stefan and asked what was both on Bonnie and Damon's mind, "What do you mean she's gone? She must have just gotten out of the house for awhile, we all know she's been cooped up in here since we got here a couple days ago."

Stefan walked over to Bonnie and Damon and sat in front of them, he paused for a moment remembering the talk he had with Elena earlier that day, she had no intention of telling anyone what happened with Klaus, but he knew that telling would be the right thing; considering if something goes wrong he would feel like he was all to blame.

He looked up at the both of them, they seemed to be satisfied with the conclusion they had come too but then the words just came pouring out of him, without time to plan his words, "or it could have been Klaus."

Damon made a confused face and asked clearly getting frustrated, "what are you talking about? What does Klaus have to do with anything?"

Stefan said, 'Look the other day Klaus was here at the house, Elena and him were talking, I don't know what about, but I walked in on Elena with a blood bag from a blood bank up to her mouth. She said it was a moment of weakness and that with the move and everything she had been stressed, and so she was hungry."

Damon was piercing his ice blue eyes up at Stefan in a questioning manner, "Weren't there any bunnies she could go kill?" He asked sarcastically.

Stefan took a serious tone and said, "Damon, lets not joke around, alright? I'm sure she was fine, she's never lied to me and if she wanted human blood that badly she could have gotten it quite easily."

Damon nodded, "I'm in total agreement, brother."

Stefan was about to respond, but Damon cut him off, "But, where is my girlfriend, Stefan? Why didn't you tell me what had happened if it was no big deal?"

Stefan looked down at the floor, "Because she asked me not too..."

Damon smirked, "Well, I'm so glad you two have such a great thing going on."

Stefan counteracted, "Damon, it's not like that. You know that."

Damon got up and walked over to pour himself a drink, "yeah, well I'm not too sure of anything anymore... now, lets focus on what's important here."

Damon continued, "How are we going to find Elena...?"