Chapter 3: Unexpected Visitor

It's pitch black, neither Caroline or myself know what's going on.

Caroline says in a very serious tone: "You stay here, I'll go downstairs and see if pulling the breaker will turn the electric back on."

I nod, and stay where I am, fully ready for whoever could appear from the darkness that surrounds me. It's not human, I could probably smell their blood from miles away for how bad I want it, right now. I press myself up against a wall trying to remain calm and alert.

Caroline feels her way through the house, she's only been here a couple hours and has not yet gotten the chance to learn every dimension of the house. She listens for any sign of where the person could be.

It's dead silent.

She finally makes her way downstairs into the grand basement. She opens the breaker and switches the buttons over. It doesn't do anything.

Suddenly, she hears glass shattering and a chair being thrown against a wall. She turns around at vampire speed realizing someone is down here with her. She can't make out a figure, it's too dark.

She hears subtle whispers, but she can't make out the voice.

She hears someone whisper "I broke my promise."

She thinks for a moment, back to that time in the woods. After such a long time of not hearing or seeing a thing from the one person she denies every pursue from.......

She stops in her tracks, breathing heavily....

Klaus is here.