the writer pt.1 {t.h.}

The set is bustling and brimming with life as always, and I can't help the smile that tugs at my lips as I watch everyone hard at work to make this production run smoothly. Friends smile and wave at me as I pass by on my way to meet with the director. "Hey, guys. What am I needed for today?"

"Y/N, thank goodness. We need you to help us with a few things," Anthony starts to give me a list of scenes that need alterations and details they need me to double check, and I hastily scribble it all down in my notebook. "Thank you. We know you're busy, and we appreciate you helping out."

"It's what they pay me for, but I'm happy to do it anyway." I call over my shoulder as I move to start crossing things off the list. It makes my head spin and legs ache as I run from one end of the set to the other. I'm in such a tizzy that I barely notice as I ram right into someone's chest and fall down onto the hard concrete. "Sorry, that's my fault. I got distracted and wasn't looking at where I was going."

"It's alright. I should have been looking out too." The guy tells me in a wondrous accent as he extends a hand. "Are you okay, at least?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I've just been rushing around like a chicken with my head chopped off." I tell him with a laugh, "I'm Y/N, by the way."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Y/N. I'm Harry."

"Holland, right?" He nods in response, "I've seen your work before, and if I'm being honest, I'm a huge fan. You've got quite the eye for it."

"Thanks. What about you? Do you do any photography?"

"Yeah, actually, I do, but I don't do it professionally. This," I say as I motion around us to the set, "is my main passion. From the writing, to production, to accuracy verification, I love it all."

"So what exactly is your specialty then?"

"I'm one of the production assistants, but I help out as a director's assistant too. Not everything I do is l part of my official job, but I do it anyway. One day though, I'm hoping to get on the other side of the script and work as a writer and official director too. I don't know if it will ever happen, but a girl can dream."

"I'm sure it will be more than a dream one day." Harry encourages, which makes a smile creep across my features, "Who knows, maybe we can even work on a project together sometime."

"I'd really like that." We continue to talk for a while and eventually swap numbers before I'm called away as I'm needed elsewhere, "It was a pleasure to meet you, Harry. Text me so we can hang out sometime?"

"Yeah, will do." He calls and waves at me with a wide smile as I leave, and sure enough, a few hours later, he texts me to meet up sometime.

After about two weeks, it's safe to say that Harry and I quickly become the best of friends. We hang out together nearly every day during free moments on set, hang out, and plan out our movie nights, which is exactly what we're doing today after we meet up for coffee.

My fingers tap away on my keyboard keys as I continue working on my project. I smile as it starts to come together after these past few weeks of spare moments stitched together in the hopes of making a little bit of progress.

Now, I'm taking full advantage of the time off. If I can finish this, it will give me the perfect opportunity to help me make the leap into being a writer. This project is close to my heart after all, and I want nothing more than for it to be perfect and put into action.

"Y/N!" Harry cheers as he comes up to my table and wraps me in a tight hug. "Hope you don't mind, I brought Tom along."

"Not at all." I smile and turn to Tom with a smile that he easily returns. Gosh, now I get what everyone talks about. "It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Y/N."

"I know. Harry's told me a lot about you." He lets out a small laugh as Harry complains. "Wait, I've seen you around set. Haven't I?"

"Yeah, I'm one of the production assistants." My name is called, and I excuse myself to grab my order. When I come back, I find Harry staring intently at my laptop reading my script. "Curious much?"

Harry's cheeks turn pink as he offers a meek smile. "Sorry, but why didn't you tell me you're writing a script? It's amazing."

A small laugh escapes me as I sit down. "First, you never asked about reading it. Second, I don't really show people my stuff unless it's finished."

"Harry's right though. Your work is amazing." Tom chimes in, which makes my palms get sweaty and cheeks burn at the compliment.

I brush it off as we continue to talk and try to ignore the glances from Tom that make me get stutter and lose focus. Harry seems to notice it and smirks like a Cheshire Cat each time it happens. I ignore it all though as we continue to talk and try to pretend that something about Tom makes my heart pound in my chest like a girl with a crush.

But I can't think like that. Harry is one of my best friends, and I'm sure it would be weird if anything were to ever happen with Tom. So for now, I'm just going to focus on our friendship, which means a whole lot to me, and I don't want to lose it.

Plus, I doubt anything would ever happen. It's not like Tom would ever be interested in me, right?