new year's (eve and day) {t.h.}

The apartment shimmers and dances as everyone enjoys the last few hours of the year—well, the decade actually. I smile and smooth down the fringe of my flapper dress, which fits perfectly with the rest of the partygoers and the 20s theme for the new year. All of our friends are gathered around dancing, drinking, and having fun. It makes me smile as I join the fray.

"There you are, love. I was wondering where you had run off to." Tom says as he wraps an arm around my waist and presses a kiss to my cheek. "Dance with me?"

"Of course," I take his hand and follow him into the center of the living room, where Harrison, Zendaya, his brothers, and a few of our other friends are dancing. The song switches and slows down, which gives Tom ample opportunity to wrap his arms around me as we slow dance in the crowded living room. "Can you believe this year is almost over already? I mean, it feels like last week that we started dating or moved in together."

"Not for me." He whispers and brush my bangs back. "For me, it feels like I've known you forever, and I'm excited for the new year. It means we're that much closer to even more of the good stuff."

"I can't wait for it." I tell him and offer him a quick peck. "We've got so many things to look forward to."

A flash goes off, and I instantly turn towards the source to find Harry offering a sheepish grin as he grabs the polaroid from the camera and continues on his way. "Do you think that one will go on the wall?" Tom asks in reference to our wall of memories together.

"Yeah, I think it will. Harry always takes wonderful pictures, and I want to remember this forever—us, dancing in the living room on New Year's Eve with our closest friends." I smile and rest my head on his shoulder with a smile, "I want to remember every little moment."

Tom kisses the top of my head and whispers softly, "Yeah, me too."

Eventually, the song ends and gets replaced by something more upbeat. I bump hips with Zendaya and smile as Tom and I join the group and dance like complete idiots—even though he's actually a great dancer. We all swing our hips to the beat and laugh at how completely ridiculous we all look right now, but enjoy it anyway.

"Ten minutes to midnight." Sam calls out, and I quickly give him a thumbs up.

"We're going to start getting the champagne." I call to the others over the music and recruit Zendaya to help me out. Once we're in the kitchen, I move to grab the glasses. "Can you grab the bottles from the fridge?"

"Of course," she calls and sets them down with a smile. "So, when are you and Tom going to make the next step?"

I stop with the bottle only halfway opened for a second before continuing on as I ask, "What next step?"

"Don't be like that. You know exactly which one I'm talking about." She grins and bumps her hip against mine. "When are you two going to get engaged?"

"That's on Tom, not me. I'm more than happy with how things are, but whenever he's ready to continue forward, I'll be ready too. It's not something I'm going to push though." Zendaya gives me a look, and I shake my head at her. "I'm serious. Tom and I are still pretty early in our relationship, and I'm fine with however it continues. Because right now, with Tom, I've been happier than ever before."

"I know." She states, which makes me give her a quizzical look. "You and I were friends before you met Tom, and since you two started becoming friends—much less dating—you both became brighter, happier people. You bring out the best in each other and help push through the worst."

"Well, then, I suppose we should toast to another year of friendship, love, everything in between, and whatever it may bring." I respond by lifting a glass to her, and she does the same.