colors pt.7

Years later

The water swirls with a new shade of purple from my now clean brush. I set it aside and close the studio door behind me as I leave with a yawn.

Noises echo from the kitchen, which makes me smile lightly as I peek around the corner to see the familiar sight I've grown accustomed to these past few months. Peter is looking through the fridge for the dinner I leave out while still in his Spiderman suit. As always, he's probably too tired, hungry, or distracted to take it off yet.

"Well, looks like I need to upgrade the security because someone keeps raiding our fridge." I tease and wrap my arm around Peter's waist. My eyes glance over at the clock. 11:42 PM. "Wow, you're home early tonight."

Peter hums in confirmation as he sticks the takeout container in the microwave before facing me. His arms wrap around my waist as he presses a lingering kiss to my forehead. "Yeah, it was quiet tonight. So, I thought I'd come home early. We haven't seen much of each other this week, and I missed you."

I sigh and rest my head against his chest. My eyes close as I relish the sound of his heartbeat and the feeling of of being back in his arms. "Mhm. It's been crazy. Downside of being a superhero and growing artist while also students, I suppose." I pause and look up at him. "Not that I'm complaining though. Those are good things to be."

"Yeah, it's definitely not all bad."

"So—" I draw out the syllable as I hop on the counter and swing my legs, "—catch me up on everything." Peter chuckles and shakes his head at my childish demeanor. Still, he doesn't hesitate to tell me every detail of what's happened recently as he eats.

I can't help but smile as I halfway listen. My thoughts drift back to the past few years and how we got here. It certainly wasn't always easy. We had more than our fair share of fights—especially before we moved in together three months ago.

Because, before then, we were both busy college students with work, classes, and various obligations. We rarely saw or had time for each other. At least now, we can always have small moments like sleeping and waking up next to each other or things likes this.

There have been plenty of beautiful moments too. Waking up to find Peter still out cold and getting to wake him up with kisses or breakfast in bed. Making time once a week—or two if things are crazy—to still have a date night together. Talking way late into the night like this about everything we want to do together in the future.

My heart warms as he tells men everything about his classes, work, and what happened on patrol. I swear, he still makes me melt just like when we were in high school. Peter still makes the colors brighten and dance with every laugh and kiss.

I didn't think it was possible to love someone more him more than I already did, but it happened. In the space between the grand romantic gestures and perfect dates, I became wholly in love with Peter Parker in the ordinary moments, and I can't help but want this forever.

"Let's get married." I say without hesitation or second thought as I interrupt Peter mid-story. He nearly drops his fork in shock at the words. "Look, I know it sounds crazy, but why not? I love you more than anything. We're almost done with college, my dad has already been bugging you about it, and I don't want to wait any longer. I just—"

Peter cuts me off in the same way he usually does when I'm rambling, and he wants to quiet me in a sweet way. He kisses me. The colors immediately reappear and dance at his touch. "I wanna marry you too." He whispers against my lips before letting out a long sigh. My eyebrows scrunch in confusion as I watch him open a drawer and pull out a folded towel. "It's just—that was supposed to be my statement to you."

My brain takes a second to catch on, but the moment he unfolds the towel to reveal a delicate velvet box; it all clicks. All air seems to knock out of my lungs as Peter gently opens the box. "You see, I was gonna do this next week on a special date I had planned, but I don't want to wait either." He looks up at my teary eyes with a soft smile as he shows me the ring—which I easily recognize as the one Aunt May got when she married Ben. "Y/N Delmar, will you marry me?"

"Do you really think I could say 'no'?" I question through a teary laugh. "Yes, a million times." I whisper as I wrap my arms over his shoulders.

He beams like a child on Christmas as he slips the band onto my finger. "Aunt May insisted that you have hers. She said she wouldn't want anyone else to have it." Peter tells me as we both stare at it. His brown eyes meet mine with a glimmer as he presses a lingering kiss to my lips. "You know, this means we'll have to start planning a wedding alongside everything else now. Not that I mind though."

"I don't mind either." I brush my nose against his and rest our foreheads together. "It doesn't matter to me what the wedding is like. As long as you're the one I'm saying 'I do' too."

Peter laughs and shakes his head as his fingers trace a line up and down the side of my legs. "C'mon, be honest. What's your dream wedding look like."

I roll my eyes at him and hop off the counter. "Let's at least get ready for bed. You're probably exhausted, and we can still talk why you're at relaxing."

He reluctantly agrees and pesters me the entire way as I tug him along. "Okay, dream wedding—go."

I lay down in our bed as he changes from his suit and crawls in next to me. "I never really thought about it too much." I whisper honestly as I play with his fingers. "All I picture is something small with only our closest friends and family. Obviously we'd have to have Aunt May and Mr. Stark there for you. Ned could be your best man.

"We would find you something of Ben's to wear so it will be like he's still there with us. I know how much he meant to you, and I want him to be there with us in some way." I wipe Peter's eyes from the few tears that fall down his face, and he presses a feather light kiss to my hand as he does so. "That's what I care about. Not about the setting, my dress, or silly details. I just want us to be happy and together with the people we love."

"How is it you always seem to get more perfect every day?" Peter whispers and pulls me into his chest. "I love you, future Mrs. Parker."

"I love you too, future husband." I curl myself into his chest, warm and content. The exhaustion of the past week takes over fully as I lay in the comfort of Peter's arms. "I can't wait for our forever." I whisper before drifting off. The last thing I hear is the soft reply from Peter.

"No need, we're already here."

A/N: Updates are going to be temporarily delayed while I'm finishing up my semester. (Yayyy. Except for finals) I'll try to make an announcement on my profile with when they'll resume. Until then, stay awesome. Xx