Chapter 35 • Might-eater

Start from the beginning

Eunha watched the tears run down Jungkook's cheeks, her own eyes watering at the sight. She knew there was no time for moments like this. She knew the two of them weren't alone.
Still, in those few seconds of shared eye-contact, the girl felt more than she had ever done. Almost as if she was the soul-keeper, sensitive to every bit of energy, every bit of emotion, around her. It was overwhelming and made her feel so vulnerable. Though it also grew a burning passion, a will to succeed, inside of her. The bond the two shared didn't need words to communicate. She felt what he did and visa versa.

It was all that it took to convince her.

"Thank you."

She shivered at the sound of Jungkook's voice in her head. A smile spread on his face, showing off his pearly white teeth. He reached out to quickly wipe away the tears that had escaped her eyes, brushing away his own ones as well.

"I don't know what just happened, but I think we should prepare to fight." Yoongi commented, pointing at the might-eater that very slowly starting to regain consciousness again.

"Okay, quick, how are we going to do this?" Jimin asked, the grip on his bow tightening as he nervously watched Jaehyun wriggle his fingers to get back control over his body.

"Jungkook is the only one who actually managed to punch him in the face, so let's say, Jungkook and Hoseok, work together on getting the might-eater. Jin and I will fight back to back and try to take out as much of the crow-minions as we can. Yoongi, Jimin, your powers work from distance so try to help where you can." Namjoon instructed in a hush voice, making sure that Jaehyun couldn't hear.

Yoongi nodded his head, "Jimin, stay behind me if you can. I will put a shield over Taehyung. The pain is numbed, but he is nowhere near ready to fight."

Eunha glanced at said man. He was weakly sitting on the floor, his breath heavy and eyes closed. The wounds on his back had closed so that there were only two black slits adorning his honey like skin.

"Eunha, go grab some water and stay next to Taehyung after. Make sure he drinks it." Hoseok instructed, softly pinching the girl's squishy cheeks before focusing on the might-eater in front of him. Jungkook was using his powers to make it harder for Jaehyun to get up, getting the group as much time as possible.

Without questioning her guardian angel, Eunha ran towards the table with food on it, grabbing a bottle of water. She had no clue what the exact purpose of it was, but she trusted Hoseok.

"Eunha!" A hushed voice called out for her, startling the girl. It was her mother. She crawled out from behind the thrones where she had been hiding this whole time, stepping in front of her daughter.

"Look, sweetheart, I know we have no time for this so I'll make it quick. I'm sorry for everything you had to go through. I want you to know that I love you, and that I'm proud to call you my daughter. I might not have been the best mother, but-"

"Mum, wait, stop. What are you doing? What is that look on your face?"
This was too random and Eunha honestly didn't know if it was a trick.
She had no time for this.

Moving to turn around, her mother caught her wrist, preventing her to do so. "Eunha you don't understand. I'm trying to tell you it's okay. I overheard that boy speaking to you about Jaehyun and he is right. I love your brother with all my heart, but loving someone sometimes mean having to let go. It's destroying him, being a might-eater. I would never wish that upon anyone, so please. Know that taking out the monster doesn't make you a murderer. The real Jaehyun wouldn't have wanted to live on if he saw what he has become."

Her mother was speaking very quickly and everything was honestly confusing Eunha.
Loving someone sometimes meant letting go? She wanted her to kill her brother?