Chapter 34 • Birthday cake

Start from the beginning

Hoseok let out a sound of disapproval, "I'm literally a guardian angel! Of course I care for humans. We all do. And if not for humans then at least for Eunha. For the beautiful person that she is, inside and out!"

Jaehyun scoffed, "Oh please, guardian angels don't care for humans. If they did, I wouldn't have gone through so much crap! Where was my guardian angel when that gang attacked me?! Where was my guardian angel when I was left to die!?" The man's face flushed red with anger, his focus completely on Hoseok.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, I really do, but can't you see that you're doing the exact same things to us? You're being no better than that gang." Jimin commented, his tone somewhere between anger and desperation.

The might-eater let out a low chuckle, softly shaking his head, "No. I am no better than that gang. I am far worse." He reached forward to grab a fistful of Jungkook's dark locks, shaking the soul-keeper's head mockingly, "But you can understand that right? The seven of you are just as bad, though you lack the power to cause worse harm than brainwashing my sister."

Eunha walked toward the table with food on it, grabbing two plates and cutting two pieces of cake, while Jaehyun's attention was still elsewhere. She had made her decision. This had to end.

"Though for that as well, you will die."

"Stop." Eunha stepped closer to her brother, her voice light and hurt. "I'm done with this, fighting, people getting hurt." She bit her plump bottom lip, sadly shaking her head. Tears had gathered in her eyes, slowly dripping down her rosy cheeks.

"I want to join you, Jae. I can't let my heart be broken another time, so please let me join you. I'm sorry for everything I've said, I-" Her voice broke, a small sob leaving her lips as exhaustion from the whole journey finally took over.

"No, Bunny, he's lying! Don't fall for it! It's a trick!"
"Don't do it, Pumpkin!"
"Eunha, please rethink this! You're making a huge mistake!"
"Don't you dare betray us, Kitten. Please, don't betray me."

Shouts filled the room at Eunha's confession, though she decided to ignore all of them. Instead she looked up at her brother with teary eyes. "Can we celebrate my birthday? Like you've always promised me? Like I've always wanted?" She offered him one of the plates, nothing but hope and longing filling her fragile voice.

Jaehyun's cold demeanor melted at the sight of his little sister. A small smile spread on his face as he accepted the cake, pleased with how the situation turned out.
The two took a big bite, ignoring the pleas and struggles coming from the seven and instead enjoying this moment together.

After the both had cleared their plates, Eunha put them away, quickly wiping the couple of stray tears from her face and smiling at her brother.

"I can't fucking believe you, kitten!" Jungkook snapped, his fierce glare focused on the petite girl he had grown to care for so much.

"Oh boohoo!" Jaehyun commented, rolling his eyes. "It's not like you were, like you w-were-"
The man placed his hand on his stomach, frowning in confusion.

"What, has the sugar made you sick?" Jimin sarcastically commented, not amused by the whole situation.

Jaehyun took a warning step in his direction, "Don't talk to me in that tone! If you've forgotten, you're still in the claws of my minions. One snap of my fingers and you'll be lying on the floor like that friend of yours."

The might-eater suddenly stopped with the threats, dark eyes falling on Jimin's plump lips.
His gaze changed as he swallowed noticeably and started leaning in. He was in daze, mesmerized by the elf's beauty, and for a second, Eunha actually thought that he was going to kiss him. Luckily for Jimin, that wasn't the case.
As abruptly as it had started, Jaehyun  jerked backwards, shaking his head in confusion,
"What is wrong with me, what's going on. It's like I'm-"

The might-eater stopped as he realized what was happening; there was only one thing that could have possibly made him act this way.
He turned towards his little sister, eyes blown wide, "YOU! You gave me those beans, didn't you?"

He was furious.

A small smile fought its way on Eunha's lips, though she was nervous as well. Her plan hadn't succeeded completely yet, though there was nothing wrong with being smug.
The girl grabbed the jar of jellybeans from her pocket, holding it in the air almost triumphantly.

That's when the seven men finally understood the situation. Eunha had put one of the mood-swinger jellybeans into the might-eater's piece of cake. The sudden attraction he had felt to Jimin, was stage two; lust.

Stage one, rage, went unnoticed as the might-eater seemed to be angry all of the time already. Like now for example.

Before she could blink, Jaehyun stood in front of Eunha, gripping the collar of her dress as he held up his hand threateningly. That same hot pink colour she had seen appear throughout the entire fight, covered the palm of his hand.

She was going to die, she was sure of it.

Eunha looked up at her brother expectantly, waiting for the blow that would end it all, but it never came. Instead Jaehyun let go of her collar, his full lips pulling into a pout as his eyes filled with tears. He looked at her like she just kicked a puppy.
"Why would you do that to me?"

Stage three, sadness.

As if on cue, the full-grown man started bawling his eyes out, his emotions too overwhelming to control. He dropped to the floor, wildly kicking his feet and slapping his fists on the ground. He was throwing a tantrum.

"Damn that does not look good on him," Jin commented judgingly, his eyebrows furrowed as he watched the might-eater rolling around like a little baby.

"Don't say that! It's not my fault! She ruined EVERYTHING!" The wailing got louder until he abruptly stopped. He pointed at one of his minions and started laughing hysterically.

Stage four, laughter.

The eight waited patiently both through stage four and stage five, hallucinations. The might-eater was yelling nonsense about flying bonsai trees, thicc thighs and pasta carbonara, until finally the stage they had all been rooting for arrived. Fainting.

The moment his unconscious body hit the floor, all of the minions disappeared, freeing Eunha's friends. Adrenaline and excitement flushed through her body, happy that her plan had worked.
Though they weren't there yet, another ugly battle was around the corner.
The last strategy obviously didn't work, but now they had the littlest bit of time to think of a new one.

They were going to take her brother down, no matter what.

~~
Hi loves! Thank you so much for reading this chapter! Don't forget to vote/comment! <3
I kind of forgot about the mother, so I'll have to think of a way to write her into the next chapter, but oh well. XD

So  I was using my tarot cards as I wanted to get more familiar with  them,  and decided to pull cards for the bts members and what 2020 will look  like for them. But literally the accuracy in themes, I was shooketh.

Like JK's was about getting bored of having the same routine and  trying a  different path, having a lot of ideas/creativity and being  impulsive in  wanting to do many things.Yet as long as his intentions are good, things will work out for him.

Jimin's was about being eager to try new things, but  to make sure that perfectionism doesn't take over.

Namjoon's  had something to do with him paying a lot of attention to  his inner  self, feelings and having a lot of thoughts, and expressing  them  through art/creativity (like it literally said through music or  poems).  Then there was also him having to 'fight' opponents who are  after what  he wants, but he has the upper hand (it made me think of  other artists  trying to get to the top).

Yoongi's was that because of  his experience and because he's good at  analyzing situations, he would  be able to defer the good opportunities  from the ill-intended ones.  There will be a good opportunity coming soon  that will gift him with  some money/fortune (I was thinking of a collab  maybe).

And yeah, I did the others as well but don't want to rant too long/start rumors or something.
But it was so cool to see that it made sense!

I don't even know if you're interested in this kind of stuff, if you're not then well, I guess you'll skip the whole thing!😂💕