Chapter 30 • A Doll's Potion

Start from the beginning

After a short while, Eunha's head started to feel a little funny. She moved her hand to grip at his shirt, only now noticing how the vampire's strong arms were basically the only thing keeping her body upright. She was slowly losing her strength. Her muscles were shaking, but that might have been because of the nerves and not the blood loss.
Just as the process was about to take a negative turn, Namjoon stopped. He was panting from the rush he was currently in, his senses heightened, eyes seemingly glowing.

The tall man carefully helped the girl to sit down, not forgetting to quickly run his tongue along the bite-mark to stop the bleeding. The moment he let her go Hoseok rushed towards her side, wrapping one of his wings around her back so that she could lean into it without too much trouble.

Taehyung observed the pale-faced girl with raised eyebrows, his dark orbs then wandering over to Namjoon who had hunched over, his hands resting on his knees as the magical potion started to react to the blood. "Wow. That was intense."

"Yep, and it's only going to get worse." Jin stated, his heading nodding towards Namjoon, who as if on cue let out a strangled groan and fell to his knees. He was breathing heavily, his jaw clenched tightly as he tried to relax his muscles but couldn't. Sweat was dripping down his neck, leaving his shirt to stick onto his well-shaped torso.

"What's going on?" Jungkook voiced in concern.
"The brew is fighting his venom. Once the poison is dead, which should be in about five minutes, the pain will stop." Yoongi answered, sitting down next to Eunha and focusing his attention on her.

"Great. I feel like I'm dying, but glad to know it will pass." Namjoon sarcastically commented.
Another groan sounded from the man as the others watched him fight the inner battle alone.

"Wait I thought you knew about this?" Jin asked in surprised. The vampire and doll had looked into this spell together after all.
"I knew the sketch of things, not exactly that it would feel like my insides are on fire for five minutes long. Remind me to never drink a doll's potion ever again." Namjoon managed to get out through his panting and groaning. Through all of his pain he threw the worried looking younger ones and the oldest a reassuring smirk, "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I can handle a lot worse than this."

"Eat and drink this, little lamb. It'll help get your strength back." Yoongi's low voice got Eunha to focus on him. He was holding out a cup with something that looked like orange juice in it and a bowl with some meat and rice in it. Eunha reached out to gratefully accept the food, though her hands were shaking violently.

"Here, let us do it." Hoseok's hand, that was previously softly brushing the girl's hair, moved to grab the bowl. He nodded at Yoongi the grab the drink before Eunha could spill it. She looked at the two slightly surprised. "I can do it myself, it's fine," the girl protested, but got hushed by the angel.

"Just let us help you, love. I'm your guardian angel, remember? It's my job to look out for you. Now, say aah." The man held a spoonful of food in front of her mouth, waiting for her to open up, which she doubtfully did. "There you go. It's not that bad, is it?"

Yoongi carefully held the cup against her lower lip once she'd finished the bite. He'd never done anything like this before, but just decided to imitate the same sweet care he'd seen with the angel. The doll helped her drink a few gulps from the juice after which she pulled away with a scrunched up nose. Eunha smacked her lips together a few times as she looked at the drink in slight disgust, "That tastes weird with the food. It's so sour yet bitter at the same time."

"Vitamin C is good for blood loss, so drink up."
One look at Hoseok's face let Eunha know that there was no use arguing with the man, so instead she decided to listen and finish the food like he expected her to.