Chapter 13

Clementine's POV

Its obvious that Carl is mad at his dad. I don't know why he's mad at him though. I wish Kenny and Duck would come back. Its quiet without them.

At least Sam is here.

"Carl, talk to me" I broke the silence

It took him a few minutes to talk.

"What do you want" he growled

"Why are you so mad"

"None of your business"

"Your being a jerk" I shouted walking towards the door.

"Clem, where are you going"

"I'm leaving until you and your dad sort things out".

"Please don't go"he said with sympathy.

"Bye Carl"

I walked out the door taking Sam with me. I headed downstairs. Rick was on the couch sleeping. At least I think he was.

I poked Rick just to make sure he wasn't dead. He groaned.

Defiantly not dead. I walked to the back door the walkers are to dumb to go back here.

Sam barked

"Shh quiet boy their gonna here you"

Sam barked again and ran away.

"Where are you going Sam" I ran after him

I found him by a trashcan whining.

"What is it boy"

He barked and sniffed the trash.

"Are you hungry"

"Woof" he barked

"I'm taking that as a yes"
I guess I'll have to search this thing, oh well.

I put my hands in the trash and dug until a found some food. A can of beans

This will be hard to open good thing I got a knife. I stabbed my knife into the top. I threw the top of the can on the ground.

"Please don't be bad"

"Thank God"I mumbled cupping some beans in my hand then eating them.

"Oh, sorry Sam almost forgot" I gave Sam the can of beans.

He ate it like a walker eating flesh.

"You must've been hungry" I said

"Woof" he barked

"Come on boy let's go"

Carl's POV

I hurt Clementine's feelings. I'm such a jerk. She's gone but she'll come back. I know she will. I walked down the stairs and saw my dad laying on the couch. Sleeping I'm guessing.  I heard banging at the door. Walkers. It got annoying so I went outside and killed them. I went back in the house.

"I killed three walkers. They were at the door they were going to get in. But I lured them away. I killed them. I saved you. I saved you I didn't forget while you had us playing farmer I still know how to survive. Lucky for us.  I don't need you anymore.  I don't need you to protect me anymore. I can take care of myself. You probably couldn't even protect me anyway. You couldn't protect Judith. You couldn't protect...

Hershel or Glenn or Maggie. Michonne, Daryl,or mom. You just wanted to plant vegetables. You just wanted to hide".

"He knew where we were and you didn't care" I started yelling.

"You just hid behind those fences and waited for.." I sighed

"There all gone now because of you".

"They counted on you you were there leader" I shook my head then sat down on the floor.

"But now you nothing " I put my head down then drifted off to sleep.

Clementine's POV

I approached the house we were staying in and surprisingly the walkers were gone. I ran to the back door. I walked inside and saw Carl sleeping on the floor. I decided not to wake him. I was tired myself so I walked upstairs and fell asleep. Sam slept near my feet.

Night

Carl's POV

I woke up. I looked over to my dad who was breathing funny. It sounded like a walker. His arm started to move. I panicked and scooted away from him. He fell off the couch. I grabbed my gun ,and started crying. My dad touched my boot. I couldn't  do it I could not shoot him.

"I can't ... I was wrong..... just do it"

"Carl" dad whispered "stay safe" he rolled over on his back.

I put his head on my lap.

"I'm scared.  I'm scared" I cried again.

Clementine came down the stairs. She sat next to me.

"Let's put him on the couch" she said

We tried to move him to the couch. We struggled but we did it. We put him on the couch.

"Come on"she motioned towards the stairs.

We climbed up them one by one until we made it to the top of the staircase. We walked into the bedroom and laid on a bed.

"I'm sorry" Clementine said

"I should be the one saying sorry" I put my hand on her cheek.

She leaned in and kissed me. I kissed her back. I thought nothing could ruin this perfect moment but then something did.

Kenny walked into the bedroom.

"We're back"he said

Clementine pulled away and blushed.

"Sorry Kenny" she said

"No need to be sorry" he said laughing.

He walked out. Me and Clementine looked at each other.

"That was awkward" I said

"Yeah, I'm gonna go to bed" she said

"Night Clem"

"Night Carl"