Chapter 33: Westbrook

"When you said a place to stay that was safe, I was thinking a temple in the mountains... Not... this..." Crowe said as he looked in front of him.

        The sound of cows and various other farm animals echoed across the fields as the group stood in front of a large, ornate archway that read "Westbrook Farms."

        "It is in the mountains," Hayato shrugged.

        "It's in a valley!" Crowe retorted.

        "You needed a place to stay and I provided one, be grateful."

        The ranch was gigantic, bigger than Brogen's mansion grounds by far and the entire property was surrounded by mountains on every side. Perfect for keeping out prying eyes. Crowe assumed that there would be some form of ward to keep it hidden from prying eyes as well.

        "What are we doing here anyway? I mean... of all the places for us to go why did you pick a ranch?" Crowe asked.

        "Well about that..." Hayato replied, "You see I-"

        "HAYATO!" a feminine voice called out.

        "Oh boy..."

        A small twister crossed the field from the largest farmhouse on the property in no time. It came to a stop in front of them and disappeared, revealing a girl.

        She was a little shorter than Crowe with vivid, blonde hair tied up in a braid. A small cowboy hat adorned her head. She wore a red and white plaid shirt with torn up jeans, a neckerchief was tied around her neck to protect her from the dirt whipped up by her twister.

        "Who was that blonde floozy rubbin' up on you and kissin' you at that battle?!" She demanded as she stepped closer to him, her finger pointing straight at his face, a slight southern drawl present in her voice. It was the first time Crowe had seen Hayato nervous.

        "She was uh..."

        "She was what?! huh?!"

        "It was nothing... I uh..." In a flash he seemed to disappear, Crowe barely able to keep up with his movement.

        "Ooooh no, don't you lightnin' away from me!" The girl said as a revolver formed in her hand. 

        She aimed and fired, but the revolver didn't seem to fire anything and didn't come with the loud boom that Crowe was expecting. Instead a twister formed where she had aimed and Hayato was launched upwards, right back to where he was standing.

        "How did you do that?!" Crowe exclaimed.

        "It's actually easy once you learn his tricks. He tries to play the 'mysterious man from the east' but he's just a big goofball."

        "Anna Belle please..." Hayato said as he stood up.

        "Anna Belle?" Fiera asked.

        "Sorry, I didn't introduce myself... My name is Anna Belle Westbrook," she extended her hand, "Nice to meet ya!" 

        Crowe took her hand and shook it, "Crowe Umbr-"

        "I know who you are! It's not like you guys aren't the talk of the town or anythin' and Hayato's told me all about your trainin' and whatnot."

        "Funny... he didn't mention you..."

        "He wouldn't, he like's to keep his personal life secret. Didn't tell my father we were dating for about two years."