Chapter 47: Hayato vs. Seris

The controlled body of Hayato backed up and looked towards Seris.

"Are you going to continue to stop me?" Scelus's voice echoed out from seemingly nowhere again.

"You got that right," Seris said as he swung one of his rings in his hand. "I'm not too keen on losing Grey, and there's no way I'm going to let Crowe be stalled by the likes of your cheap tricks."

"Then you accept your fate. This friend of his should be more than enough to deal with you."

Hayato rushed forward again, albeit still more unbalanced than his usual form. A quick, but easy to read, punch flew at Seris's core but his free ring swung in front of him and deflected Hayato to the side.

Seris than grabbed it from the air and swung it down where Hayato stepped aside. Hayato took a few quick steps forward and dodged the attack. A second ring swung horizontally forced him to duck.

At this moment Raijin stepped forward in an attempt to help but a blue summoning circle of lightning appeared between him and the battle.

Grey stepped out and spread his wings.

If you interfere he would attempt to take you over as well, and you would be too powerful for either one alone to take you on.

"I can't sit back and do nothing!" Raijin exclaimed as lightning sparked from his drums.

On the contrary, if you wish for Seris's plan to work, that is exactly what you must do, nothing. Seris is not planning on achieving victory, he is merely attempting to stall the Chancellor for as long as possible. It's no secret that the Council has been acting strangely, but at the same time, there's not much anyone can do because of the legal matters being correct. If we are wanting everything to stay the way it is, we need the wild card that is your friends and mine. If they can free the council from the Chancellor's hold, then they can reverse the process already set in motion. So I advise you to step back and watch from afar.

Raijin scowled, "I hate that you make sense," he growled as he sat down on his cloud and moved back from the combatants with Grey close beside.

After Hayato dodged the second ring he placed his hands down on the ground and delivered a backwards kick into Seris that sent him flying.

He let go of his rings and they moved behind him and caught him, reducing his speed quickly and placing him on his feet.

It wasn't quick enough as Hayato was already on his position before he could get back into stance. He delivered another blow to Seris's stomach that made him double over in pain. Hayato lifted his hands in a double fist and was bringing them down when the ring blades began to unleash a deadly barrage.

The first ring blocked Hayato's attack, the second delivered another hit to his fists to ensure that the attack would miss. The first ring came back around and Hayato threw a punch to deflect it, the second ring did the same from the opposite direction and Hayato punched that one to the side as well. They circled around quick, forcing Hayato to step back bit by bit with every strike. The rings continued to circle and strike long enough for Seris to get back to his feet and catch his breath.

With a deep breath to get himself back into the moment he straightened up and continued the barrage from his rings; however, he now contributed by throwing in several lightning strikes. He reared back his hand and a dark cloud began to form in the sky. He dropped his hand and a bolt of lightning shot down, long enough to distract Hayato for a split second while one of the rings collided against his armor, pushing him back.