Chapter 10: Crowe's First Official Match

The summoners and their summons sparred throughout the entire day and all through the evening.

         By the end of the day they all collapsed in the center of the ring, Sorzoran’s massive form supporting them all, little Zarahie lay draped over his forehead, panting with her tongue out. The summoner’s all sat stretched out against him, breathing heavily as sweat poured down their foreheads. Aiden’s broadsword was shoved into the ground vertically as he sat against it, undoing his armor and laying it to the side.

        “Well done everyone,” Brogen said through gasps. “Who’s hungry?”

        A mumbling of ‘ehs’ and groans from everyone signified their answer. Slowly they made their way back into the mansion where they ate dinner in silence. Even the hyper Zarahie seemed to be rather mellow at the moment.

        Everyone seemed to regain a little bit of strength and spirit after a hot meal. They no longer shambled around but walked like they were partially alive.

        Crowe had already showered and was making his way back to his room, untying his ponytail so his hair fell down straight to a little below his shoulders. The bathroom door opened and Fiera stepped out enveloped by steam, covered only by a towel. Crowe stopped and couldn’t help but stare once again. Slowly Fiera turned around and noticed Crowe standing and staring. Slowly her cheeks flushed red before she came to her senses and started moving her arms to cover her figure.

        “S-sorry,” she stammered, “I’m not used to living with people. And what did I tell you about staring?!”

        Right at that moment the towel quickly fell, as if yanked, and floated down the hallway. A small fox silhouette could be seen in the flying garment accompanied by the giggle of Zarahie.

        Crowe’s eyes widened as he began to blush, he couldn’t make himself look away.

        Fiera’s face almost seemed to glow red even though her long hair covered everything important.

        “ZARAHIE!!” She shouted out as she covered her breasts with her arms and crouched down.

        Sorzoran walked out and looked around.

        What’s going o- Whoa…

        The black dragon tilted his head.

        Not bad for a human.

        The sound of skin colliding with skin could be heard throughout the entire mansion as Fiera slapped both dragon and summoner before storming, as much as she could awkwardly storm, into her room.

        I didn’t think it possible for a human to be able to hit so hard…

        “You’re telling me… she has some weird power in that arm.”

        …

        Totally worth it…

        “Oh yeah…”

        The two returned to their room to sleep for the rest of the night.

        Crowe awoke to the sound of a tone that he had never heard from his phone before. He got up and rubbed his eyes. He looked over at his phone and, sure enough, the screen was glowing. He checked his notifications. There was an icon he hadn’t seen before and so he selected it. A message popped up saying that someone had issued him a challenge and that they were to meet in person in the Summoner’s Hub before the actual battle was to commence. He set his phone down and laid his head back on his pillow. He’d ask Brogen about it in the morning.