Chapter 48: Crowe and Fiera vs. The Chimera

Crowe's blade struck first against the man's armor but bounced off with a loud crash that sent sparks flying through the air. Fiera followed up his attack with a jump kick that managed to make him stumble back a step.

She landed on her feet and lifted her hands. Five thin, flaming spears started to appear around her head as Crowe whirled his blade around and struck the man in his chest once again, this time setting him off balance.

Fiera threw her hands forward and the slivers of flame shot into the shoulders and then into the chest of the man, finally knocking him over.

With a scream of rage he came back up with a flash of silver revealing the man's halberd.

"Be careful," Crowe backed up next to Fiera, "I fought him in the Wasteland Memorial and he was tough to take down, but not as tough as this," he said as he split his blades in two.
"Got it," she said as flames licked down her arms to the blades on her fingers.

"He has three different weapons, I'm guessing from the three different summons stuck in his head. A halberd, a sword, and a dagger. I'm guessing the dagger is the snake, so try not to get hit, it might be venomous," he said as he held his right blade up in front of him, his left hand held at the ready to defend.

Fiera gave a nod of acknowledgement and started to circle around.

Meanwhile Sorzoran had tumbled to the side with the beast but was quickly back to his feet. The chimera quickly followed suit.

The dragon sized up his opponent and let out a menacing hiss, smoke emanated from his nostrils. The lion portion snarled, smoke equally funneling out through the gaps in its teeth.

Without warning it stepped forward and swiped but Sorzoran retreated on his back legs and flapped his wings, pushing himself just out of range of the chimera's claws.

The lion snarled again and let out a roar in what appeared to be anger before it unleashed a fast stream of fire directly at the dragon's chest.

The attack was intercepted by Zarahie who took the entirety of the flames to her chest and shrugged it off before bounding onto the beast's back.

With a snarl she grabbed hold of the goat and started to bite, fire infused fangs charred some of the fur on its neck but she couldn't penetrate the skin.

The snake tail whipped around and bit down on one of her tails, causing her to yelp and fall off.
Immense pain welled up from her tail and it immediately started to swell. A greenish, yellow ooze started to flow down from the wound.

The lion looked over at her immediately and snarled.

As it started to move towards her Sorzoran swiped with his massive talon and brought the beast's attention back to him, the impact barely leaving a scrape against the lion's cheek.
Its skin is tough! Probably multiplied by the multiple energies of the creatures combined. We need to be careful! Sorzoran's voice echoed to Zarahie.

I gathered that... Zarahie returned in a shaky voice as she stood back up and shook her head. Don't let the tail bite you, she warned.

Fiera suddenly fell to her knees momentarily and grabbed her back in pain.
She looked over to see that Zarahie had been bit and that the wound was already oozing a disgusting liquid.

"You're right," she grimaced to Crowe who looked towards her and nodded.

He stepped forward, blade at the ready as he faced down the man.