Author's Note

So here we are at the end of the journey. I can only hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it! Part of my motivation for Summons comes from the fact that I basically wanted a story like this to read for myself. Instead of waiting for someone to write it, I took the initiative and thought it up myself! My inspirations, as many of you have probably guessed by now, come from video games and fantasy stories in general. The funny thing about it all though, is the fact that the story practically wrote itself. The characters took on their own life and basically acted it all out and all I did was type what happened. I never thought it would be so easy.

I'd like to thank several people for this.

My fiance, Tosha, in that without her, this story never would have gotten started. We started talking as friends and somehow the concepts of stories we had thought up came up and she was intrigued by the idea of Summons. She asked if I would write it for her and so I did. She then suggested I put it up on Wattpad and much to my surprise, it received a cult following. Thanks to her, and thanks to you, I have completed my very first book, a sentence I never thought I'd say out loud.

My roommate, Nate, who was the inspiration for Hayato and several other aspects of the book. He's the one I talk to and use to toss ideas back and forth. He helped me with martial arts ideas, concepts and what could and could not be a good idea to use in the story. Though some of his ideas are odd, they were invaluable in the creation of this story.

My friend, Jay, who is possibly my biggest fan and critic. Like Nate he was inspiration for another character, Seris, and also like Nate he helped me throw ideas around to help make them make sense. His more cynical viewpoint helped when trying to figure out some of the logic that comes around with magic and character reactions. He was the first to say an idea was stupid and also the first to suggest how to improve upon them.

And finally, yes I'm going to be cheesy here, you, the reader. Without you guys reading my story and commenting and messaging me to keep going, I would never have had the inspiration to do this, to finally finish my first book. You guys were so much of the reason of why I kept going! You talked to me, said hi, you believed in me sometimes when I didn't believe in myself... You're the family I never acknowledged and yet you still stuck around and motivated me and gave me words of encouragement and for that I literally can't thank you enough!

Remember guys, it's not goodbye forever, we're only temporarily going our separate ways!

Sincerely,

Patrick Seager