Aceepting The Dark [Shinobu Kocho x Male!Reader]

"Honey!"

You groan in your sleep, turning to your right as something or someone keeps nudging you.

"(Your name)! Wake up, please!"

You slowly open your eyes, turning around to your left to see Shinobu pouting a bit.

"What?"

You asked tiredly, wrapping your arms around her back and waist, pulling her close to you as she giggles.

"The next time when it's nighttime. I want to bring you somewhere. And I believe you would love it."

She says, looking up to you, smiling as you look down at her, kissing her forehead then place your forehead against hers.

"Wherever I go is gonna be lovely. Even any gift you give me is magnificent."

You tell her as she chuckles, placing a kiss on your lips.

"But this one will explode your mind. Literally."

She says as you sigh, taking your arms back to your sides and turning back to the right.

"Better not be poison again. Because when I was busy with Genya and try to eat some demons, you wanted to use poison on me as a surprise."

You grumbled, wanting to go back to sleep as Shinobu laughs which you turn to your right, taking the blanket you both are wrapped in together, putting over you and her's head, pulling her close again.

"No no, it's not. I promise."

She assures you as you roll your eyes, but agreed to the surprise.

[Afternoon | 2:36 PM]

You helped Mitsuri by carrying picnic baskets.

"Thank you so much, (Your name)!"

She thanks as you put the 4 baskets on the picnic blanket, then pulling out a tube package of souvenirs and other accessories. 

"No problem, Imouta. This is for you and Obanai, correct?"

You asked as she shakes her head which you were taken back. 
You usually were right on a lot of things, however, this was unexpected 

"Then what is all this?"

You asked as she giggles.

"A double date instead!"

She replied excitedly, making you raise an eyebrow.

"Who's the other two couples that are having a picnic day with you and Obanai?"

You inquire in curiosity, feeling it's you and Shinobu.

"Aniki and Shinobu, obviously!"

She answers as you groan. She was taken back.

"Do you not feel good today?"

She asked in a worried tone, you slick your hair back, looking away.

"No no, it's not. It's just... is it this surprise Shinobu wanted to show me?"

You wondered as Mitsuri was perplexed.

"I don't think she told me about some surprise, Aniki."

She tells you as you were more confused.

"Then what is it?"

You kept wondering. 
You hate whenever the surprise is since that little poison incident. You were never interested in what surprise since it's supposed to surprise you or it'll be a waste of bewilderment.
However,  almost developing trust issues, you had to keep an eye out in every area you look at.

"Don't worry so much if you trust her, Aniki. Now, I'm gonna go get Shinobu while you get Obanai."

Mitsuri says as she runs off, you sigh and walked off, getting Obanai while thinking what the surprise is.

[Night Time | 9:54 PM]

"Come on, (Your name)! You're gonna miss it!"

Shinobu hurries you, grabbing your sleeve as you kept looking around, holding your sheath/blade as tightly as you can.

"Shinobu, love, you gotta quiet down though. I love you, but I don't want you to end up dead due to a very appreciating surprise."

You tell her as she just kept pulling you. 

'This is baaaaad.... I freaking hate this...'

You kept looking around, feeling a little uncertain...?
Well, it's something you don't feel alright.

"Shinobu--"

"Look!"

Shinobu interrupts you as she points up, showing multiple stars. 
You were shocked...

"I've never thought midnight would be this beautiful..."

You say out loud as you turn around to look at Shinobu, however, she wasn't here.

"Shinobu? Shinobu?!"

You frantically look around, freaking out as you started hyperventilating and sweating profusely until you heard a thud behind you. 
You didn't want to turn around, you stay still as a hand placed against your shoulder.

"Yeah, the stars are so beautiful as always."

Shinobu whispered in your ear as you turn around to see she was holding a telescope. 
You sigh in relief. 

'Thank goodness she's safe... I thought it was a demon, I almost pulled out my blade and killed her.'

You press with your thumb, putting your blade back in as you take the telescope out of her hands. Using it up to the sky.

"Wow... It's incredible." 

You say as you saw each star until the moon. 

'That moon though... It looks like cheese.'

You chuckle to yourself as you give the telescope to Shinobu. She awes at the beauty as you sat down on the grass, looking around in case.

"Next time (Your name)." 

Shinobu says as you look up at her.

"When all the demons are all gone... We'll come back here and watch the stars together again."

Shinobu says as you smile, feeling your heartbeat slowly decreasing. 

"R--right..."

You stuttered quietly, blushing a little as she puts down the telescope and jumps at you, hugging you and telling you that it was her first time seeing you smile, blush, and stutter. In which, you start to stutter again and blushing frequently.

"Let's come here more often. Just for me to see that reaction again."

Shinobu suggested as you sarcastically laughs about it.

____________________

Author's Note: Sorry if it was short or long, or boring. (But I also gotta stop saying sorry since no one is commenting, either means nothing wrong or uhhh...). Anyways, I hope everything's okay in your life and if this made your day, even though, it was a little too fast. But, whenever it's the end of the day, I feel like I have a deadline every time...😅